We finally took the plunge and moved Jane (3 in March) to a big girl bed in high hopes that Katie Anne will be sleeping through the night soon and need the crib. We wanted to get rid of the binky at the same time. I happened to see the Supernanny on some talk show and she was telling the host to get creative in getting rid of her toddler's binky. She said something like "Try having the binky fairy come." Ah hah! The next day Jane (wild hair and all) decorated a bag, willingly put all the binkies in, and set it outside for the binky fairy to take. I then went to enrichment night and let John deal with it! She did o.k. and we made it through the first night.
The next morning she ran and got her present from the binky fairy. It was PRINCESS STUFF! YEAH!!! She was very happy with her prizes. She has only asked for the binky a few times and the answer that satisfies is, "Sorry. The Binky Fairy took them all away." It worked much better than I thought. She still takes naps, or at leasts rests, every day and bed time is much easier. The only downside is she gets up early and can now come out on her own, but even that's not too bad! Hurrah for the Binky Fairy!



2 comments:
Congratulations with the binky fairy and the bed move!
Hey! I tagged you on my blog, so check it out and fulfill the tag that you've been given!!
Post a Comment