Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekly Review (and a few mixed up pictures!)

Despite my efforts to get these pictures to download in order they didn't! Ergh...oh well, enjoy! John and Katie Anne at the park.
Jack and Jeffrey at the park.
Katie Anne rolled over...cute rolls, eh!
Jack getting his award.
Jane and Emma playing so well together. Incidentally, when Emma's cabbage came out of the microwave she took a bite and spit it out! Even pretend food can be yucky I guess!
Jane's 'taste'ful butterfly.
Joey's sour mouth!
Can you see the fear in my eyes? That pole was coming up quick!
Jane loves to swing.

April 21-28

8 Monday morning last week we had friends over for Jeffrey and Janie to play with. They played so good! I should do this in the morning more often because they really play better then...not too tired, not too hungry, just right!
8 For FHE that night we scrapped the lesson and had a rousing game of marbles. I had taped out a game for the kids earlier and we enhanced it to include points and the whole family. We all did pretty good and had fun sitting on the floor together.

8 Tuesday was playgroup...see pictures! Our theme was taste so we had fun trying different foods. Some of the kids were definitely NOT going to eat lemon. Surprisingly they all ate the bitter chocolate without flinching. I think it was mind over matter.

8 Katie Anne had her well check on Thursday and she's well! She weighs 14 lbs 13 oz. She had her shots, was a little off the rest of the day, had a fever in the middle of the night, and was fine from then on. She started rolling over yesterday officially because she can get her arm out from under herself by herself! She still looks a little surprised every time.

8 Friday I went to beading only I took a different craft to do. It's just fun to get out of the house and chat with other women. I always feel a little vulnerable there because everyone else is so great with art talent that I am a little out of my league, but I try!

8 Friday night we picked up some KFC and headed to the park. The weather was good and the wind wasn't blowing, which as of late it is hardly ever not blowing! I had my camera and another little girl kept trying to get in the pictures!

8 Saturday we actually got some jobs finished! The pool cover is fixed, the shingles that blew off replaced, and went on a major errand trip...Ace Hardware, Recycling (we made 9 bucks!), a drop off of assorted items to be sold at a yard sale for a YW fundraiser, Kmart, and lastly, an ice cream run at Thrifty's! I convinced John to work in the shop while he was still unshowered so it was a productive day.

8 Sunday was nice as always with a walk around the park, good talks in church, steak and potatoes for dinner, a visit from the HT's, and finished off with brownies and ice cream.

8 And since today has mostly happened...Jack received the Kiwanis award at school today. They pick two kids a month from the whole school "in recognition of being a Model Citizen and Student". John joined me and the girls to watch him receive it. It was fun to be there.



6 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

What a fantastic week. You're my idol.

turning about said...

Glad you had a good week! Congrats to Jack!

n8'swife said...

Rolling!! If Matthew knew how to be jealous he would be! J/K

just andrea said...

Sounds like a good week!! I love the pic of you on that sliding thingy...I have no idea what it's called...but anyway, when you blow up the picture you can see Jane in the background like, "Mom?" I can't tell if she's super impressed or confused!! And about the girl trying to get in all the pics...remember that one boy that was at the park when we were visiting over a Christmas?? He's in the one w/ all the kids and you can see him somewhere in all of our pictures of the park!! Funny!!! Ridgecrest's finest.

theloulie said...

I love it when you come to bead and I think you are just as artsy as the rest of us!

Stacy said...

It looks like you are enjoying these times with your family. I need to take more pictures of us having fun. Actually, we just need to have more fun!! We went swimming last night and played tag with the kids. I got everyone to play "ring around the rosie" one time. At the end, Taylor said "Who won!" I said "No one, that was the game. Do you want to play again?" Imagine look of one big 15 year old right now.