Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Review

For May 5-11

As if posting on the blog every day last week wasn't enough, here's what we actually did!

~I got the mother's day gifts sent off that I had made the week before. I think they turned out cute. I am a big fan of Mary Engelbreit and her page a day calendars. Add some decoupage and away I go!

~Katie Anne borrowed a bumbo seat from a friend who had borrowed it from another friend who...well, we are using it now and she loves it. It's a funny looking thing but fairly sturdy so she can be with me during her fussy time and my busy time. I think she'll be a good cook some day!
~We had several playdates throughout the week. Thursday after one of the playdates we all met up again at McDonald's for lunch. Well, the adults eat, the kids sort of do, and everyone enjoys themselves. We have to go before it's too hot, and then we can't go anywhere that's outside.

~On Friday I went to Muffins With Mom in Jeffrey's kindergarten class. Jeffrey escorted me to my seat, gave me my presents, and served me a muffin and juice. Then the teacher showed us a slide show she had put together of the year. She is an amazing teacher and puts a lot into her class. At the end of the year they get a 3 inch binder full of pictures and their work so I don't have to save anything the whole year! Anyway, we had a great time and it was fun to go. All the kids were very excited to have their mom there and behaved very well.

~Jack got to go on a field trip (finally) on Friday to Lone Pine where they released fish they had hatched in their classroom. Very fun. He was most excited that they got to eat snacks on the bus.

~Saturday was another 'get the jobs done' day. Wasn't so special, though! We did have dinner at the Veile's and then played a new game called Citadels. Very fun. (Matt would love it Andrea...good father's day gift).

~Sunday was Mother's Day. I showered while John made breakfast, which is our normal Sunday routine. However, the brownies he baked for me were hardly routine. Eating them before 9:00 in the morning, sadly enough, was not a new thing for me! I LOVE brownies, especially Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownies. YUM! The kids each ran a couple of times to different hiding places to retrieve treats they had picked out for me, including a family sized bag of Cheeto's. (Santa was trying to redeem himself for giving me no name brand cheese crunchers at Christmas!)

~After church where we received the traditional carnation which barely makes it through the rest of the three hour block, we had grilled chicken sandwiches with bacon and guacamole. Soooooo Goooood! I took a break while John cleaned up then we all went on a walk to an open house to wish some missionaries leaving this week on their missions good luck. They are twin boys going to neighboring missions in Mexico.

~I almost forgot Jane's gift to me this week...she's potty training! Or as she says, she goes on the potty train (choo choo!). She has done mostly well most of the week. We had accidents, of course, but I think we'll be o.k. She stayed dry through church and even asked her nursery leader to take her, so I think that's a good sign. Why didn't I do this sooner!? The problem now is I let her not wear pants, just her undies, so it would be easier to get on the potty and now she doesn't want to wear pants anymore. Hmmm. If it's not one thing it's another!

6 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Awesome week. I made myself some Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies while Brent took a nap. A little backward but I've eaten them all day long, yesterday and today. I'm not even making dinner because I'm eating brownies and I don't care if anyone else is hungry. Ha!

turning about said...

Sounds like you had a good week. I think you should have brought me some of those brownies though, it sounds really good right now.

n8'swife said...

We totally forgot about the open house!! Ooops! You can never go wrong with brownies!

Sophie said...

Great week! I love the stawberry girl blast from the past! Too cute!

Verity said...

I loved the strawberry picture, too! ;)

Ratliffs said...

I might have to try one of those seats for my baby! How far apart are our youngest?