Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekly Review


May 12-18
Here we go again!

---I taught Playgroup for the last time this year. We had a space theme so we did a few fingerplays about astronauts and blasting off. We had jello jiggler stars and moon crackers (ritz) for snack. The kids made some pictures with glue, stickers, and crayons. They were all well behaved so my playgroup year ended nicely. We have normal playgroup tomorrow, a park day next week, and then we're all done!

---John attended Doughnuts With Dads with Jeffrey on Friday. They play some funny games and it's not nearly as sappy as when the mom's go.

---I hosted a baby shower here on Friday night. Rachel did it with me and did most of the food. We had a good turnout, which I'm glad for because I got a lot of phonecalls from people who couldn't come. It's fun to host a party and good incentive to get cleaned up. The shower was for a friend having her 10th child. She's having a girl and since it's been 10 years since she had a girl we thought she needed a party!

---Saturday was a bit crazy...John helped with a yard sale for someone he home teaches, then I sent the boys with a friend to the primary party while we watched their little girl, then John came home so I could go to a camp meeting and a rummage sale at the boys school, then John had to go back to get the leftover stuff at the yardsale and deliver it to the Salvation Army. We did manage to get in the pool for a little while then I went grocery shopping, came home, loaded up and we went to Taco Bell and then to Thrifty for ice cream to eat while we went to the wine walk in old town. (If your a drinker you buy a wine glass for $10 and sample wines at the different stores.) We were a bit out of place but I thought looking at the old cars would be fun. After that we came home and crashed!

---Congratulations to Kenny, my nephew, who is going to serve in the Canada Vancouver Mission! We are very excited for you!


6 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

What a fun week! It's 1000 degrees here in Tucson. I'll be ready for a dip in your pool when I get home.

turning about said...

Sounds like you had a good week. The shower turned out great, I was glad I was able to be there.

n8'swife said...

I've wondered how the wine walk was. Maybe next year. I too am glad the shower went well, although I still came home with way too much food!

hickenmargaret said...

Katie Ann is just the cutest. Dad & I watched the video twice. We can hardly wait to see her all the kids. Glad your shower went well. I forgot to ask you about it on the phone.

Ratliffs said...

We too took a little swim in my dads pool this weekend. It was fun. Thanks for the suggestions on getting my kids to sleep together...Its nice knowing that we're not alone in threatening our kids! ;) I will keep your suggestions in mind as we fight through the next couple of days! Thanks!

just andrea said...

looks like another good week for the Agren's!! I have finally updated after a long hiatus! A good thing about being busy, is that by the time you get back to blogging, everyone's updated!! Love you guys!!