Friday, July 25, 2008

There's a Cow in the Shower!



Posted by Picasa


Wow what a fun time we've had lately! The first pictures are of Jeffrey's little party. We had just a few friends and their families over to swim. Jeffrey said he wanted an angel food cake so I bought a rectangular one, added frosting and a few marshmallows cut in half and called it a Lego. We had a fun time and the kids hit all the hot spots (pool, swing set, riding toys, sandbox) in the yard.

The next set of pictures are of the RAIN! We had a ton of it while we were gone on our SoCal getaway and felt bad we missed all the action. Well, we got more of it on Thursday and even had some hail. Jane was sick and actually was napping and when she got up she thought we were crazy people, all wet and splashing around. We sat outside in BLANKETS! Not a normal thing to do in July! Then it started up again while we were at church on Sunday and this time it didn't stop for a while, resulting in a flooded city. We ate our Sunday dinner and John pushed some of the water away from the house. We went out front (I will not mention here the cockroaches fleeing the water) and looked down the street to see a river on both side streets of our house. John took a bit of video and we stood watching cars go by, and some getting stuck, in the dirty water.

On Sunday another type of floodgates were open. Our news got out...this is how we told the kids on Saturday night. You can figure it out too, if you don't already know! Have fun.
WORD ONE: Type of gaming system Danielle has (She has a Wii, but this is only answer I'll give you)
WORD TWO: 18th letter of the alphabet
WORD THREE: Sound a cow makes +v + ring - r
WORD FOUR: 5+9+6 divided by 10
WORD FIVE: The 45th State

Stay tuned for more details!

Tuesday I went to Girl's Camp at Camp Andrew Brown just past Kernville. I was able to help out with the games during rotations, go on the conservation activity, and enjoy some nice mountain air. Yes that's me in my Captain's cap during the skit. I really needed the feeling I had there, despite the craziness of our lives right now. Wednesday morning I woke up to the sounds of tarps rustling when I heard one of the ladies in another tent exclaim, "There's a cow in the shower!" I knew then I'd found a title for my blog entry! They had set up a spa like shower complete with a shower head, platform, and a little table to put your things on and some of the curious cows from the area came to check it out. I drove home alone on Wednesday and thought I would NEVER get off the mountain but I did. If I can do that, I can do anything, right? Hmm...stay tuned!

10 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Glad you didn't miss all the crazy rain! Sorry that we're loosing you...We almost moved there too :). Hope everything goes well for you!

The HousewifeTravels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The HousewifeTravels said...

You're moving to Oklahoma? Oh wait, 45th state.... Utah! Much better. I thought I had my wires crossed. That was a very creative way to tell your kids. I'm sorry to lose my "in town" friends. I was just thinking we should write a book together... oh well.

Verity said...

I was excited to figure out your riddle, but sad, too, if that makes sense. I was looking forward to getting to know you better in person when we moved back. ;) THANK GOODNESS for blogs--be sure and tell all the juicy details in further posts!

turning about said...

We were kind of freaked out about the flood in Ridgecrest but glad our house was safe.
Very creative way to announce your big news!
How did the kiddos take it, I want to know their reaction...

n8'swife said...

Crazy Ridgecrest weather. Still not a valid reason to move!

Marissa said...

Congratulations! I bet you are quite a mixture of excitement and sadness - new is good, leaving what has become familiar is hard. I look forward to more details - a new chapter is beginning.

theloulie said...

waaaaahhhh!

Sara said...

I know others are sad you are moving, but I am quite happy--now maybe we will get to see you more. I have exciting news too. We are finally pregnant! Looks like we both got what we wanted. Yahoo!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Camp was great! (glad it's over though) This is the first I'm hearing about the cow in the shower. That's too funny!