*What a week! Wait, I think I've thought/felt/written this before! Every week is so full. This week we...
*had friends over to swim, always fun!
*celebrated my 34th birthday. We had a pretty laid back day. Thanks to those who called and brought gifts and watched my kids :) We tried out The Golden Ox for dinner because we've wanted to try it all the years we've lived here. I guess I can't quite recommend it but it was fun to try, even if it was about 1000 degrees in there.
*I got a couple of fun books for my birthday. My Dear Sistersby Gordon B. Hinckley and What's Wrong Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton, one of my favorite children's authors. Good gifts, guys!
*had a fun 4th of July. We had friends over to swim and BBQ and hang out. My friend overheard me talking about lemon ice cream. She called later to get the recipe because "it sounded good to her". The next night she brought it over to me! THANKS! My favorite. And I really thought it did sound good to her. (I'm eating it as we speak...)
*Also on the 4th we went to another friends for home style fireworks, then a walk to the end of their street to catch the city fireworks which we just across the field. Top it off with popsicles and you have a perfect day.
*John got both our bathrooms painted and they look sooooo much better! It's nice to have them feel so clean. I still need to get some hooks up but want to get stuff I want, not stuff that will work.
*John had boys day out and took Jack and Jeffrey to see Wall-e. They said they liked it but thought Kung Fu Panda was better.
*I learned this week to not be too specific with Jack. I asked him to grab a walmart sack from under the kitchen sink and he emptied all the plastic bags in search of a walmart one. Crazy kid!
*The kids were invited to play at a friend's summer school one afternoon and had a fun time. They danced at the end so they came home bouncing off the walls!
*I taught Jack's primary class this week and enjoyed that. I have never been a primary teacher so I think it's fun to do.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Weekly Review June 30-July 6
Here are some fun pictures... the first is Matthew, Katie Anne's friend born the day before her. He's just chillin'.. Jack and Jane had fun in their boat. And the last is the Peter's dog, who got his picture taken when we left our camera at their house! Nice!
Labels
pictures,
weekly review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Wow! What a fun week! I second the crazy weeks! I have felt for a year or so that I don't think life is going to calm down again...EVER. Might as well enjoy it! ( At least that's what I'm telling myself ;) )
Jack and Katie... two of a kind. I know I said pick up your clothes but I didn't mean to pick them up and drop them again. Put them away. IN THE DRAWERS WHERE THEY BELONG.
OH CRAP! I missed your birthday?! What a totally irresponsible friend I am. So sorry!
I missed your birthday too! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you had a great day! You are the best! I really am glad to know you. Sounds like the 4th was a blast!
Thanks for helping make our 4th great! We love coming over to swim, even if my kids don't act like it!
love the blog - love the pictures, you have such a cute family and such great perspective!
Happy belated birthday... I guess I should keep track of these things since I am the secretary (you know, cards and stuff). So when is your exact birthday anyway, and any news on driving home from camp? Anyway, I got off track. It sounds like you had a fun week.
Post a Comment