Monday, September 8, 2008

THE Oatmeal Cookies

These are my signature cookie...combined from a few different recipes to make what we think is the best oatmeal cookie. Try it and see!

2 cups butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar

4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

5-6 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon

3 cups oatmeal (I use any combination of quick oats and old fashioned oats)

Heat oven to 350. Beat butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and add about a cup at a time to mixture. Add oatmeal. Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. I 'drop' the cookie sheet onto the counter when I pull them out of the oven because I like them flat. Let sit on cookie sheet 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Desiree said...

They sound so good, I will try them today. Scott has been wanting me to put some dessert recipes on my blog too but I'm too lazy.

Ratliffs said...

Hmmm...I'll have to try these because we have what we think are the best oatmeal cookies... :) I'll get back to you! :)

Jill said...

These sound very promising. We will be having them for FHE tonight. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Leslie said...

Any recipe that starts with significant amounts of butter and sugar HAS to be gooooood!

n8'swife said...

mmmm, cookies!

just andrea said...

yum! those sound delish...I'm just waiting to go to TaiPan for home decor to shop w/ you and to go shopping for clothes w/ you and to go shopping....and to babysit!! Matt and I are always game!