This week's Wordfull Wednesday includes two questions:
1. What small, random acts of kindness have come your way?
And I just happened to pick up this darling book at the library last week before I knew the topic. It's about a little girl who does something nice for one person and the snowball of kindness it creates. Read it, you'll love it! I know I have had a few nice things done for me, few being said in a sarcastic tone, because I couldn't even begin to make a list. I will say that one of the kindest things people can do for me is to simply acknowledge my existence! This can be done in many ways, a smile, a hello, a plate of brownies, a note, a phonecall, a simple realization that I am here, and that I matter. To be thought of and have those thoughts put into action make a huge difference in my life.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Kindness Begins With Me!
2. What do you try to do to spread some cheer or give to others around you?
This song from the Primary Children's Songbook immediately came to mind.
(To hear it sung click on the lyrics)
A few things I try to do to show kindness:
*smile
*say hello
*go out of my comfort zone in order for others to not get out of theirs
*try to remember things they like and buy little things on a whim
*dinner for no reason...no babies, no sickness, just wishing someone a happy day
And, last but not least, I hope we'll all be kindest to those whom we love best, our families. After a very rough morning I feel terrible even writing that sentence, but we just do our best, then try to do better! Here's to kindness!
Labels
Wordful Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Loved the last part! I am constantly reminding my kids to treat each other like they treat other aqcuaintences - with respect. We seem to forget that with those we live with daily.
You take dinner to people just because! I think I will come live by you!
Someone brought dinner to me out of the blue, just because, and it was the nicest thing. Now I want to start doing it. What a great idea.
Ditto to the first paragraph. Acknowledging your existence (especially when you're stuck inside the house day in and day out) is the simplest, yet most profound way to make a difference in anyones life. Wish I knew you better when you actually lived here!
Thanks for your comment, btw...you made my day!
You are the kindest. I've been wanting to call you for weeks and realize I don't have your new info. Give it to me Baby! I show kindness by commenting on peoples blogs.
I love that book also. For me it is hard to get out of my comfort zones and to reach out to others, but I am always glad when I do.
I am going to get that book. Loved this post.
My son, Micah, appologized to me the other day in such a sincere way it really woke me up. I need to be more humble, especially with my family.
Kindness goes a LONG way. Abe lincoln said the best way to get rid of your enemies it to turn them into friends!
Post a Comment