Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wordful Wednesday...My Favorite Teacher

My first day of Kindergarten took forever in coming. I had loved school for years, and when the day finally came that I could go, it was all that I had hoped for and more. My teacher, Miss Purser, was tall and beautiful and graceful. She spoke quietly, maintained eye contact with me, just a little girl. In my mind she could not have been more ideal. I was anxious to do anything she told me to. I loved to sit in the circle, to have my name called when we played "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar". When we practiced writing the lowercase 'o' she would put a smarty in the middle. If it fit then we got to eat the smarty. Believe me, I was really good at writing lower case 'o's. I remember playing house, having a little snack (graham crackers and milk), and enjoying a little rest time. But mostly I remember that she loved me. I saw a picture of Miss Purser the other day and was surprised to see that she didn't have a halo over her head, but to me she was an angel. Many more teachers have been favorites to me, but I had to pick the one who started me on my journey!

Read more about favorite teachers at Chocolate on my Cranium. To share stories of your favorite teacher follow the instructions at the end of her post, or leave a comment here.

6 comments:

LoraBelieves said...

Great teachers are the best!

Montserrat said...

I loved my kindergarten teacher too. She had been my dad's teacher when he was in kindergarten!

Ratliffs said...

My kindergarten teacher was my all time favorite too! I remember her so clearly...I loved her classroom and everything about her. I think it's awesome to have a fabulous first teacher. Really sets you up to love school and learning. Very important those teachers are!

Chaney said...

It's amazing what kindergarten teachers can do. They can start the years of school out great, or they can start them out bad.

I'm glad you had a good one!

Verity said...

I didn't go to kindergarten and my first grade teacher was the first and only teacher to put me in detention (I was helping a girl with her work), so my first FAVORITE teacher would be Miss Tapp. She was beautiful, kind, and she sent me letters in the mail!

n8'swife said...

I've decided teachers can be a blessing or a curse! I loved my 1st and 2nd grade teachers. They were both men, which is more of a rarity in elementary school.