Other titles for this collage include:
Where's Ely Whitney when you need him?
Spring 'snow'
Who threw all my dryer lint in that tree?
So, apparently we have quite a few cottonwood trees in our back yard, and after they 'bloom' the little cotton seeds fly, fly away. It has been so bad at times that I had to cover my mouth and nose when outside, just to make sure I didn't get for real cotton mouth! I think we're nearing the tail end of the season, thanks to a few big winds and a little rain. John did discover that the cotton is HIGHLY flammable. Here's a few pictures of the shop moving experience. Thanks everyone!
I have been waiting 9 years to be able to go to the Heber cemetery on Memorial Day! We went nearly every year of my life to visit the graves of my grandparents, brother, and a variety of other ancestors, and really wanted my kids to have the experience. John had committments to the yard this year so I took the kids and had plenty of help from my parents and other family. We had lunch at my aunt's home, visited with cousins, stopped for a shake, and headed home after a very nice day.
The last day of school was today...welcome to summer! Thanks for all your nice comments on my last post. It's feeling a little better. :)






3 comments:
You could have fooled me. It sure looks like snow!! I figured you had a spring snow! We had rain last night and it's in the 70's!
There's a lot of cottonwoods in my home town, have many memories of "snow" on the playgrounds and parks.
I'm slow, I just read about your great day, sorry about your toe, but I bet it was a site to see you fall down the stairs. I did that once at USU, very embarassing.
Post a Comment