Monday, October 12, 2009

Meaningful Monday

So, I like alliterative titles, and hopefully I'll be able to use this one once in a while.

I've been thinking a lot lately about an old adage...Do unto others as you would have others do to you! I think this needs a little NIVing...Do for others what you wish others would do for you. Do you ever think, I wish someone would call me just to see how I am; or I wish someone would just drop by a treat; or I wish ____________________. Well, chances are, if you've thought it, someone else has too. So do something about it! In the May 2009 Ensign, Elder Uchtdorf said, "Our weakness is in failing to align our actions with our conscience." I've found (on the rare occasion when I've done some aligning) that I get the same or better thrill for doing for others what I wish was being done for me, than in actually having that wish made true for myself.

No guilt. No fear. It doesn't have to be a big thing, and it doesn't have to be outside of your own home, though going outside your circle of comfort is encouraged once in a while. I just read a quote from Gandhi: No matter how insignificant what you do may seem, it is important that you do it."

So, here's to making Monday more meaningful! Good luck, and remember, THAT'S LIFE!

4 comments:

Chersten said...

Beautifully said my dear. Thanks for the reminder. I needed that. You, as I have said many times, are amazing.

Jill said...

I love this idea. I'm going to have to start next Monday since this one is pretty much shot. Well...now that I think about it, I'm sure I can do something meaningful today. Here's to meaningful Mondays!!

theloulie said...

Good point and good quotes. Where do you get off being so smart anyway?

Thanks for the post.

turning about said...

I do think those things often, but get too busy sometimes to do anything about it. My bad!