Thursday, November 12, 2009

Food time...

I can't organize my thoughts to get a blog out so I'm going to post a recipe by request...hope you like it!

Tortilla Bake
1 pkg corn tortillas
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup plain yogurt
hot sauce, such as Tapatillo
1/2 onion, chopped
4 oz can chopped green chilies
2-3 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
3 cups cheddar cheese

Cut all but 2 tortillas into 1 inch strips. Stir soup, sour cream, yogurt, chilies, onion, and a few shots hot sauce together. Then stir in chicken and 2 cups of the cheese. Grease a 9x13 pan. Place a layer of tortillas in the dish. Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat until gone. Top with 2 whole tortillas and the last cup of cheese. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions. Cilantro is good too!

Serve with bean salsa and tortilla chips.

Bean Salsa:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 large tomato, chopped to the size of the beans
1 small onion, chopped fine
One package Good Season's Italian Dressing, made into salad dressing
Cilantro to taste

Stir together beans, corn, tomato, and onion. Add about 1/3 bottle dressing. Salt and Pepper to taste, as well as a handful of Cilantro. Add more dressing if it's too 'dry'.

2 comments:

The Burgoynes said...

Katherine,

I love reading your blog. You do a great job and it's inspiring. I have a question -- how do you post a slideshow? Can you comment on my blog and let me know? Thanks!

loricjensen said...

Hey, Kathryn, we're having this for dinner tonight. Thanks so much for writing your blog, I always look forward to reading it. Thanks for your nice, encouraging comments on mine!! :)