*We went to our ward Christmas party...instructions were to wear Christmas sweaters so John, being ever obedient, wore one of mine! They had a hot chocolate bar with all kinds of goodies to stir in so the kids were in HEAVEN! Entertainment included synchronized swimming, a terrible rendition of O Holy Night, a bell choir from the High Priests, and, luckily, a sweet singing of Away in a Manger accompanied by a nativity (see Jack and Jeffrey as wise men?).
Side story...one year Jeffrey was a wise man and his robes were too long. He tripped all the way down the aisle in the gym, and barely made it up the stairs to the stage. When he finally got there, the next line in the narration was "And they fell down and worshipped him". In this case, it was totally true!
*Katie Anne turned two on Saturday. We spent the day in Roy and she didn't get too much attention, but it was all about her that night. We had a huge snow storm in her honor, ate pizza (she loves it!) and opened presents. It's so fun to watch everyone get so excited for the birthday girl. She is a sweetheart...she loves to give hugs and kisses, play with her dollies, keep me on track (she's always reminding me my keys are in the door), and just seems so wise beyond her years. I can't imagine life without her -- she is such a joy! And no, I didn't cheat on the cake, she actually loves cupcakes!








7 comments:
Yay for Katie Anne! I love the cupcake tower! I can't believe John wore one of your sweaters. I'll have to make sure that N8 checks that out!
SO cute! I miss my Katie Ann loves. Can't believe she's 2. Tell her to stop growing up 'til I see her again, wouldja?
Great update!
The picture of your hubby with the sweater on made me giggle--love it! :) Thanks for sharing!
I cannot believe Katie-Ann is two. I miss her a lot! You too! and all your family! Anyway happy late b-day to the little girlie!
She is just so, So, SO cute!!! 2-year-olds make life so... interesting!!!
:) Fun!
Post a Comment