Sunday, June 20, 2010

Of course!

I had to just take a minute and say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I was not sick today like I have been on Father's Day for the last few years.  John and Jack had to be at church by 8:30 so we didn't have any special breakfast.  Chicken supreme for lunch, and rootbeer floats for Sunday Afternoon Delight! The kids each gave him 2 bottles of root beer with a nice "I love you because______________" with each delivery.  We spent some time outside doing 'tricks' on the trampoline.  I put that in quotes because, really, most of us are just trying to jump without wetting their pants.  (Or maybe that's just me!)

In other news...I was co-host to a super fun baby shower yesterday.  We stole the 'make an ABC book for the upcoming baby' idea and because no one around here had ever done it I looked like a genius!  I thought all the pictures turned out great, especially the ones made by the mom-to-be's former sunbeams!  The food table was so fun!  We had a duck theme (obviously).  That's my gift to her right there...a big fleece blanket for those nights when you need to snuggle with the baby and stay warm yourself!  Dani, the co-host with me, made those brownie bites (just cook them in a mini muffin pan and fill with a creamcheese/powdered sugar mixture, dye some white chocolate to match your theme, and grate over the top) and some pretty fantastic sugar cookies.  I made the tortilla wheels, which are pretty tasty.  Want to know how to make them?  Mix 1 packet GOOD SEASONS Italian dressing, 8 oz softened cream cheese, and 1 cup sour cream together.  Spread on tortilla (I used some spinach and herb flavored ones).  Top with anything you want!  I used ham, chopped up broccoli, red pepper, finely chopped carrots, and cheese.  Roll tightly and cover in plastic wrap in the fridge for at least, what, an hour?  I always make them the day before.  Then, when you are ready to serve, cut them into slices and enjoy!

 

Can't forget this fun day...my friend and her 4 kids who are in Utah from our old stomping grounds came up to see us.  We talked non-stop for about 4 hours and could have gone on and on!  We were both worried our kids wouldn't want to play together after not seeing each other for so long, but they were completely fine.  I love it.



 ***See our garden in the background?  It's growing!  So exciting.  Our garden in San Diego had rats so that was a no go.  Our garden in Ridgecrest didn't exist so that was a no go.  We are so happy to see all that stuff growing!  Enjoying tons of lettuce right now so if you are local come and get some!  That means you, family, and you, Chersten, cause I think you are the only local that reads this :) (Thank you, btw).

On one last note...I just want to recommend this blog, Rabbit in the Headlights,  because I find her hilarious in every way. Can't remember if I have told you about it or not...losing more and more brain cells every day!

2 comments:

turning about said...

The part about the trampoline - I have the same problem. I can't go but a few seconds without having to jump off the trampoline to use the you know. What I would do for a stong bladder.
The shower looked fun! Glad you were able to visit with the Bates. Soo excited you are coming to RC.

theloulie said...

I don't know about trampolines, but I do have trouble with jumping jacks.

I like the good ideas.

I love the blog you recommended! She is hilarious!