Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer (?) is flying by!

Summer vacation is just flying by!  The kids got out of school on June 4th.  When I was a kid my mom let us go out to lunch.  Usually my sister and I went to the Country Shopper up the street..although now that I think of it the little restaurant part might have had a different name...anyway, they had super burgers and we felt so grown up going out to eat on our own.  A whole block a way.  Anyway, I thought it would be fun to take the kids out to eat so we went to Peach City for Corn Dogs and ice cream.  Afterward we went to a big water party bash at the park with a ton of other people but once wet they were C-O-L-D! We went home and that was that!

The kids posed for a picture with their teacher of course.  Jack had Mr. Little, and Jeffrey had Miss Huff. 
Our neighbor had these fantastic roses so she let us bring home a couple on our way home from church.  I love how the one is in such amazing bloom, and the one in the background is drooping and sad.  I had a whole blog written about this on Faith, but I didn't get it written in time and now, it is your responsibility to draw your own analogies.
Last Friday my sisters came over (we're working on a project) and the kids were worn out from a trip to the park.  We turned them into burritos, turned on a movie, and got a little bit more done on our project.  Can't tell you what it is, but I will say, it's been a blast looking over my parents last 50 years of marriage!  Big party coming up in September!
'Course our mornings are a bit more relaxed these days.  Here's a sample of what you might get if you were home with all 4 kids and you were trying to get the other 3 to do a few jobs.  I'll post a little on that another time.  I hope...
P.S.  I just noticed Katie Anne's little ballet shoes are tied.  That means someone was playing and not doing their jobs.  I'll let it go...this time!
The reason there is a question mark next to the Summer in the title is this.  It's cold most days and rainy and windy.  We devour the days that are warm and are outside a ton.  The other day it was cool so we hopped on our bikes and away we went to the library.  While there we had a major downpour, and when we escaped home the girls had to sit in a very wet bike trailer!  We made it just in time though because it rained the rest of the afternoon. 

Another P.S.  I updated my book review list which you can access here or on the sidebar.

No comments: