Jeffrey turned 8 this year! He has been VERY excited for this birthday. Not only will he be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but he also got to have a birthday party. After breakfast he got to open his birthday presents from us. That magnifying glass wasn't nearly the hit when he opened it as I thought it would be, but you'd better believe that when they figured out how to start stuff on fire with it, it was a BIG HIT! We have added a few new rules to our household, as you might expect. He also got a lego set, that lego shirt, a Star Wars book, and, his favorite, new church pants.
That night Grandma had invited us to her ward party being held at Roy Aquatic Center. He, Jack, and his cousin did the slides a million times. I had taken powdered donuts for his 'cake' and we stuck in a few candles. See how red neck we are...no plates, just set them right on top of the cooler. Didn't matter, though, powdered donuts are always good!
On Friday we held his birthday party. Can you guess the theme? I thought my cake decorating skills weren't all that bad. I used a 9x13 cake and cut in half large marshmallows. I think y'all might be able to do a better job, but it was good enough for the kids I know!
Party opener: build with legos
Party game: see how high of a tower you can build in 2 minutes.
Party game: build a guy (we took a bunch apart). Earn the pieces by doing crazy things like jumping jacks, touching your toes, balancing 8 legos on the back of your hand, carrying a lego on a baby spoon around the table, clap 8 times...
Refreshments: lego cake and water with legos frozen in ice cubes
Present time: lots of super fun stuff
Party over time: Sigh with relief at a fun party over and done with!
Jeffrey is such a fun kid. He has a quirky sense of humor. My favorite is when I ask him something he doesn't know the answer to and he replies: UNKNOWN. He has wanted to be an engineer since he could say the word, and I think he's on his way. He has an inquisitive mind and I can always count on him to do my math for me. He really does love legos and has built some pretty cool stuff, and he even lets me play with him once in a while. It's a pleasure to live with this kid!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I can't read the entry. The blue blends too much with black. But I want to read it!
Happy Birthday Jeffery!! It looks like he had a great birthday. We might have to steal some of those ideas if we end up doing a birthday party for Benjamin!
Awe, much better! Love the Lego party idea and cake. Happy Birthday to Jeffrey. Mike is very jealous of the basketball hoop!
Happy Birthday Jeffrey!
Great lego ideas!
Post a Comment