One of our favorite books, although it is lost right now, is Wacky Wednesday where you can search for wacky things like a shoe on the ceiling or people walking without legs. In one of the pictures Jane found a wacky thing...one girl was not carrying her purse! So Wacky!
Anyway, when John started going to scouts on Wednesday nights I kind of dreaded it. I'm usually kind of wiped out after dinner and I didn't have back up. We ended up watching a lot of Wipeout, which is pretty wacky itself!
But one night I had the thought...I really should do something with the kids. Revolutionary. I gathered them up and we all took a blanket out to the trampoline where I read to them out of our current book, Ada Elaine, The War Effort which is written by my aunt and her daughter as a memoir of her life growing up, which happens to include my dad so it's a really fun read! Anyway, we had a great time on the trampoline in the chilly fall evening snuggled up and not only doing something, but doing something kind of wacky!
Since then we've painted with watercolors, colored Halloween pictures, and tonight we made cornstarch goo:
It's just cornstarch and water...just dump some in a bowl and gradually add the water until it turns solid when you squeeze it. Don't worry, it goes right back to it's liquid state and is quite fun to play with, if you can stand to touch it. I couldn't, but the kids had a great time.
So there you have it. I'm trying!
Any Wacky stuff you think we should do?
Next week we're doing real goo with borax and glue (way funner!)



1 comment:
Right now the kids love to take a walk around the block. Not wacky at all, but it's finally getting decent in the evenings so it's nice. We'll have to try and do some more wacky things :)!
Post a Comment