I made a new kitchen table tray (picture frame with v-day paper inside) and of course needed some v-day salt & pepper shakers to put on it but I couldn't find any so I took these, found for $3 at Shopko,
Used my Silhouette and vinyl to turn them into these:
And I think they are kinda cute!
For Wacky Wednesday last week we made cute yarn hearts from instructions found in the Family Fun Magazine. Be warned if you try it that it is MESSY! I thought that would be part of the appeal, but only Jane really liked the feel of the goo. Katie Anne was willing to at least put the yarn I got gooey for her inside the cookie cutters, or in our case, pancake shapers. I only had 3 hearts, so we traced a heart for Jeffrey then used the heart shape to later form his into a tighter heart. Also, I added quite a bit more hot water to make it a little easier to use. I also put them in the oven on 170 for just over an hour and they at least got stiff enough to handle. Overnight they really hardened up.
I planned to hang them in the window or from the chandelier, but they have stayed on the bookshelf since we made 'em...





3 comments:
Hey, I grew up with that robin nick-nack on your shelf!
I LOVE the salt and pepper shakers!
I love what you did with the salt and pepper shakers. :) And it's good to know that someone else wanted to make those hearts! We have been planning on making those same ones from Family Fun. They look awesome!
Super cute, love it! The yarn thing looks fun, may have to try it.
Post a Comment