Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wordful Wednesday...

Because I shared my Easter memories last Wordful Wednesday, this time I'll share a few more recent ones...at least as far back as my digital capabilities will take me...and apparently in random order...


2008
 I love Jell-o molds!  They usually put out a new mold every year...watch to get yours 'free' with purchase of three boxes (usually!) 
While Jack and Jeffrey were fine (finally) to say hi to the Walmart Easter Bunny, Jane would have nothing to do with him.  Can't say I blame her. 
2007
Well...look at that.  I cut off their heads.  But aren't their outfits cute!  
Dying eggs is so fun...tip: make sure you have an old tablecloth underneath for spills such as the one you see there.
Lastly, Easter baskets were hid outside that year.  It took them awhile to find them, especially Jane who slept in and we started without her.
2006
Visitors!  My sister, her girls, and one more niece came to play over Easter break.  It's always fun having cousins around.  No picture of it, but Melanie forgot her pajamas and wore some of Jack's, sending us all into fits of laughter (a 5 year age difference will make borrowing clothes tricky).
Jane just played with that one egg at the Walmart Easter Egg hunt...she couldn't figure out what in the world was going on, I mean would you know what to make of a baby pool filled with plastic grass and all the moms and dads standing around you and 'egging' you on?
More 2006
Easter morning was even more fun with all the extra baskets to hide and find.
 
2009
Our first Easter in our new home.
We went to the park for a very cold Easter egg hunt.  All the eggs were empty, then they took those eggs and traded them in for candy.  Kurt, my nephew, was handing out candy and gave my kids WAY too much.  But they loved it, of course.
Remember those jello molds?  I used them to mold the butter.  So cute.   
2010
I like to get a dumb toy every year to just have fun with.  One year we had boingy toys, another year a 'don't spill the bunnies' game, and this year we have carrot bowling.  Last year, of course, we got the bunny glasses, which wasn't really a game but were still fun. 
We went to Smith's last year and hauled home more candy than we could ever eat.  Seriously, I still have some dumdums and smarties left over and that's AFTER we supplied the bishop with more than 6 months worth of candy. I'd give him more but with one particular young man at church being seriously crazy after he eats candy, I've been asked to wait a few years to donate again.
 
So, we love Easter and the fun parts about it, but make no mistake, we know why we truly celebrate Easter.
I just don't have any pictures of that part! 

2 comments:

JRoberts said...

I LOL so hard where you said, "Well...look at that. I cut off their heads. But aren't their outfits cute!"

Oh boy! :)

Great memories for your kids to always remember. (love the glasses!)

Montserrat said...

You are so good to document them all! FUN memories.