Jane had her lucky number 7 birthday this year. We have decided not to do parties every year. This year, she did not get a party, but we did want to do something special. She decided to invite a friend and her family over for dinner, more specifically, a taco bar.
I went a little overboard, but I won't have to cook anytime soon! We had regular old taco meat, shredded beef, and grilled taco chicken. Toppings were the regular sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and the sauces to match any taste. Sliced oranges, homemade guacamole, and chips topped it off. She only wanted ice cream for dessert (oreo, which had melted slightly when the freezer door got left open but looked good on the top so I didn't buy another one so when I went to scoop it up we didn't have enough for everyone!) Luckily her primary teacher brought cupcakes and Dani brought sugar cookies to add to the dinner.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Lucky Number Seven!
After dinner the kids played, Jane opened presents, the kids played, we had dessert, the kids played. I think it can be deemed a success.
Jane is a delight to have in our family. She has a great smile and loves to try new things on her own. She has started some of her own hair styles, and asks me to help once in a while. I am glad her curls turned out on her birthday, as a hair stylist I am not!
When Jane was about two she would go outside (fully fenced yard) and try to ride the scooter. If I tried to help her or if she caught me watching she would throw the scooter down and cry. However, she kept at it and was riding like a champ before long.
She has a very determined spirit, her own agenda, and a fun personality. She is full of drama from time to time, but that just keeps life exciting, right?! We love our Jane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Happy birthday Jane!!! We miss having such a good friend close by for Emma!
Post a Comment