Due to an unforseen circumstance (like my friend's 3-year-old daughter's appendix bursting), I got to teach preschool today! Our topics to cover were: Xx, diamonds, green, and rainbows.
I didn't get too many pictures but I do remember what we did:
Playtime with Noah's Ark toys and alphabet toys
Flannel board story of Noah's Ark
eXercised: different exercises to music, and when the music stops freeze your body in an X. It was fun to teach jumping jacks: make an X, make an I, make and X make an I...
Practiced writing rainbow X's...trace an X using all the colors of the rainbow
Used our new found skill in writing X's to X out all the diamonds on a paper with all kinds of shapes
Looked at Rainbow books
Sang and acted out Hap Palmer's song Red Stand Up, Blue Stand Up...
Watched Cat-In-The-Hat episode on rainbows and how they are made of light
(I realized that we hadn't had snack yet...oops! We ended up having fruit chews and seeing what colors of the rainbow were in our packs)
Made a rainbow!
To make your own:
Print out a rainbow outline.
Place on the table.
Place a piece of clear contact paper sticky side up over the printout. Tape contact paper down in corners.
Cut up small 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch squares out of construction paper and place on sticky side of contact paper to your complete satisfaction.
Cover with another piece of clear contact paper and trim down. You need to leave quite an edge so that the contact paper will stick to the other piece.
(I had thought about gluing cotton balls to the ends but we didn't get that far.)
Punch a hole in the top and hang in front of a window!
Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment