Still Day 3...we wanted to get a camping spot right in Zion so we headed out after our hike and a brief illegal feeding session with a chipmunk. As soon as I said "The ranger's coming" and everyone felt guilty we took off.
We stopped along the way at a rest stop for lunch. Sandwiches, carrots, ranch, and mini bags of chips.

We stopped for gas in Orderville and the kids were highly amused by the old fashioned gas pump. They could watch the numbers go around instead of changing digitally.
Here we are, waiting for our $15 dollar ride through a mile long tunnel in the middle of Zion National Park. While it is very cool and we could honk our horn for effect in the middle I felt relieved to see the light. At the end of the tunnel, of course.
We stopped along the way at a rest stop for lunch. Sandwiches, carrots, ranch, and mini bags of chips.
We stopped for gas in Orderville and the kids were highly amused by the old fashioned gas pump. They could watch the numbers go around instead of changing digitally.
Here we are, waiting for our $15 dollar ride through a mile long tunnel in the middle of Zion National Park. While it is very cool and we could honk our horn for effect in the middle I felt relieved to see the light. At the end of the tunnel, of course.

We were lucky to find a nice pull through slot, number 23, in South Campground right in Zion. We headed into Springdale for a little shopping. The trailer had a freezer so I thought it would be fun to get a quart. I just didn't want to pay nearly $8 for it! We finally found some old almost expired creamies for $2. We bought four boxes so we spent the same but didn't feel so darn ripped off!
After dinner we walked a little ways to the river. SOME people didn't smell so good and needed a bath. Oh, and it was really fun too. The boys went down a little rapid into a deep spot and the girls had fun splashing around.

Just as we were getting ready to go Jeffrey caught a tree frog! They also learned how to catch the little tadpoles. As you can see from Katie Anne's face, very cool.
Back to the trailer for creamies...





1 comment:
I love Zion National Park. I'd like to build a house right in the middle and live there. Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment