We started out the week with our bi-annual general conference prep lesson for family night.
Katie Anne was in charge of treats and made these little notes for our instruction:
popsicles for kids
Mom and Dad get whatever thea wat.
She went over to the neighbor's house last week and asked for popsicles. She is resourceful.
For April Fool's day I:
switched all the bags of cereal to other boxes
told the kids spring break was cancelled (Katie Anne believed me and was excited to go to school!)
dressed up the girls lunches
stuck a plastic lizard in Jeffrey's sandwich
Jack wouldn't let me get near his lunch
I went to a Urologist and had a cystoscopy. It hurt really bad and is no joke. Luckily, I got to see the inside of my bladder and it is so pretty. It really does matter what you are on the inside!
For dinner everyone drew numbers and got the corresponding item. For instance, John ended up with a tiny plate, a whisk to eat with, and all the sandwich meat. Jane had a cookie sheet, a pancake turner, and the carrots and cauliflower.
Jack got a giant bowl, a noodle server, and small bags of chips (that I had opened, switched all around, and taped back closed.)
It was a fun dinner that I might have enjoyed more if I wasn't tired from my previous bladder selfies.
Wednesday began spring break. I had started warning the kids that we would be deep cleaning their bedrooms. They needed to find things to get rid of and trash. Two garbage bags full of give aways and a big pile of trash later their rooms are clean. It was exhausting for me, but they did quite well. I had promised Dairy Queen treats when we were done. We didn't get to there until 5:00! Yikes! I had 5 coupons (spend $3 get $1.50 off) so they each got a coupon and $1.50.
Katie Anne had to order the most giantest ice cream cone to qualify for the coupon! Honestly, that was basically her dinner. Dairy is good for you right?
On Thursday they wanted to have a friend day. Jane and Jack could not get hold of anyone so I made them be friends. They had a great time together and I was glad they got along so nicely.
On Friday we headed to good old Cache Valley. I dropped the three youngers at Grandma and Grandpa's and made Jack go shopping with me. Not a joy for either of us but since his church pants were quite floodish and his church shoes didn't fit we both had to go.
After that we headed back to Providence for lunch (taco soup!) with G&G, Stacy, Alyson, Christine and Karl.
Stacy, Alyson and my group headed to the Cache Valley Fun Park for a giant playland, rollerblading (for the first time...they did all right but all have pretty black and blue and purple knees!), and arcade games.
Katie Anne is not a good driver. Crash crash crash!
We stopped at Little Caesar's to get some dinner to take home. After dinner I couldn't find these two... what a delightful scene when I tracked them down! My heart is so full of love for these two!
We went to Jardine's while all the boys 12 and up were at the priesthood meeting. I took banner materials for the gals. The only thing missing (besides another roll of glue dots and an inking stamp) were the other Hicken gals. We missed you!
Here is another snip of these two. I do love my others... they just weren't in range of picture taking without me getting out of my own blanket! Katie Anne told me that she wished every day could be General Conference because then she'd have that good feeling in her tummy all the time.
I'm thinking she meant the spirit and not all of this stuff:
I gave each family member a $2 limit to get a treat to eat during GC. Our total (before tax) was $12.01... not bad budgeting eh? I think the Cadbury eggs put us over a penny but it was worth it!
So... that was the end of our week until my cousin Carla and 3 kids showed up. We just loved having them here and hope they will come again... (hint hint).
We love visitors! (HINT HINT!)












1 comment:
Amazing!! Please come run my house sister wife.
Post a Comment