Monday, February 4, 2008

The Week in Review

Since this blog is taking the place of my email letters I used to send, I'd like to do a small weekly review. So, here's the first one! Jan 28-February 3

* Paid the property taxes. O.k. This one isn't so fun but at least I can quit worrying that I'll forget to do it!
*Got my visiting teaching done. Nothing like spreading it out over the month and finishing the last week. At least it wasn't the last day this time.
* Both the boys got a cleaning and check up at the dentist. Both were cavity free! I remember much different outcomes at my appointment when I was their age so I am very glad they have no cavities. I'm sorry mom, for never brushing my teeth and for acting so awful for the dentist! I go in April and I'm already nervous!
* John got the chessboards finished that the scouts had made. They look really nice.
*I attended book club. We reviewed "To Kill a Mockingbird". We had a great discussion and especially liked one ladie's view as she grew up in Alabama and was shipped off to Virginia when they integrated her high school, mostly to avoid any dangerous situations. She came back the next year. Our book club is full of very diverse people and opinions. Very fun!
*John coordinated and helped do scouting for food.
*Watched President Hinckley's funeral...very touched.
*Went to friends house to catch part of the superbowl. I had to leave early to attend a meeting and missed out on fresh egg rolls. More upset about that than the outcome of the game!

4 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

I was so excited to hear that you actually took some much needed "break" time instead of cleaning. You deserve it! Aren't you glad we live 20 minutes from the snow. Never have to drive in it or shovel it. Take your kids to the park Friday and the snow Saturday. Gotta love Ridgecrest!

n8'swife said...

That's a great idea to do a week in review. I need to see the things I got done instead of what I didn't!

Amy said...

Well, I also liked your week in review. It isn't like my three week catch up on my blog. I always still have cavities. Abby has never had a cavity yet, but we are letting her do more of her own brushing, so I'm kind of worried about the next dentist appointment.

Sophie said...

What is Roman Holiday? Is it good? I need a cool movie to watch.