I have been fighting some form of sickness for a while but yesterday it came at me like a Mack Truck. I have the flu. So I don't feel like doing much and thought maybe I could come up with thirteen things about being sick. Hope it's not contagious via the web!
1. I always crave popcorn and cheeto's when I'm sick.
2. I remember being sick as a child and laying in my old brass bed and staring at the white walls and feeling like the room was very stark, which it wasn't, but it felt that way.
3. One time when I was laying in that bed I heard my mom playing the piano for a women's singing group who was practicing for a Christmas program. As they sang Away in a Manger I felt all warm inside, and it has been my favorite Christmas song ever since.
4. When I have a fever it feels like everything is fat, and that my chest is fat from the inside, making it hard to breathe.
5. I also hear loud voices when the fever is high enough. This used to really scare me, now it's just annoying and I can stop it.
6. Apparently I'm a little psychotic when I have a fever! yikes...
7. I was sick on my mission once and was told I should rest all day. I even had permission to read a book. I felt very weird relaxing with a book but I felt much better the next day.
8. One of my companions that I trained was sick and took this medicine that made her very loopy and awake all night. She would wear these silly hats and we would laugh and then cry as she realized there was no way she could stay in the field. She went home just after Christmas.
9. I had my tonsils out when I was 14. I didn't find out until I was older that I was bleeding uncontrollably during the surgery and they weren't sure if they could get it to stop. I'm glad they did!
10. Being sick isn't so bad when I think about the pain of kidney stones. However, when I had my last stone they gave me a shot in the hiney and they hit a nerve, so when I have the chills with the flu that spot hurts really bad.
11. I never think about having a t.v. in our bedroom until I'm sick, then I wish I had one in there to veg out to.
12. I am really a big baby when I'm sick. I try not to be, and try to pull out the quiet dignity I wish I had, but really I just cry.
13. I am thankful for healthy bodies! I most definitely appreciate our bodies and the amazing things they can do, and that it's just the flu. And it came to pass, eh!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
I want my mommy!
Labels
Thursday Thirteen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
sad that you're sick!! I hope you feel better soon!
It is definately not fun to be sick! What a bold reminder of the great blessing it is to be healthy. I hope this passes quickly! Love you - Marissa
I hope you're feeling better. Maybe the rest of your family going camping will help! I know it will help me!
hope you get better soon. Mom
Post a Comment