Jane is really into the "WHY" phase right now and, while I really try to honestly answer all of her questions, there is a point where I stop listening. Here is a 'slice of life' conversation we had on our way home from car pooling yesterday...
JANE: (I don't know what she asked here, I had already zoned out)
ME: Because.
JANE: Why do you always say because?
ME: It's my standard answer when you ask too many questions in a row.
JANE: Why?
ME: Because.
JANE: You funny, mom.
Here's another conversation for ya, between John and me on Tuesday afternoon. I had taught playgroup, ran errands, drove carpool, dealt with the aftermath of after school, etc...I was tired!
While the conversation of Jane and I is word for word, this one is basically the gist of what happened. I can't really remember details from that far back!
JOHN: This is John. (This is how he answers the phone at work).
ME: Hey.
JOHN: What's up?
ME: Well, this would be a good time for you to say, 'Hey, honey, how about I pick up a pizza and bring it home. Sounds like you had a long day'.
JOHN: Well, I might have thought of it but I didn't have enough information.
ME: Trust me. O.K. Let's start over. Hey.
JOHN: Hey honey, how about I pick up a pizza and bring it home. Sounds like you had a long day."
ME: You are the best husband ever! See you soon. Bye.
JOHN: Bye.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Slice of Life Conversations
Labels
Jane,
John,
random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hee..hee.. you are awesome! Your conversation with Jane makes me chortle:)
I really liked the pizza conversation. Too bad Jason rides the bus home, or I'd probably make a similar phone call now and then. :)
Those are funny. I am soooo with ya on the Jane conversation, having had many myself with DS.
I wish I could have conversations like that with my DH.
Sounds like a conversation I've had with my husband a lot lately!!!
You funny Kathryn!!! I love to see life through your eyes!
'Because' is my blanket answer too! 'Zoning out' is a survival skill!
Totally slice of life!! your conversation w/ Jane sounds like the conversation between Matt and Alyson/Morgan...They came in and woke me up to tell me that Matt wouldn't let them talk because they were asking too many "common" questions!! Funny!! Also I will try the one between you and John! Love when you post!
Very funny! I wish I could have conversations with my hubby like you had; but if I waited for him to bring home dinner, . . . well, let's just say, it wouldn't be pretty. 80 hour work weeks stink!!
You're hilarious!
Post a Comment