Thursday, June 26, 2008

13 Cheap Thrills

(Editor's note...I started this entry in April (found the draft today) so the first 5 things were written then. #4 has since been cleaned up!)

What makes you smile?
Here are 13 wacky things that I've smiled about this week...you're tagged if you want to or leave your crazy wacky things in the comment so I can smile some more!

1. Getting Katie Anne out of her crib in the morning or after a nap. Her huge grin and arm/leg wagging makes me feel like such a rock star!

2. Singing You Light Up My Life through the grocery store. It was playing on the overhead speakers so it isn't that wierd.

3. Jane's funny comments as I got dressed this morning.

4. Buying a sundae to share with John on our engagiversary and it sloshed all over the cupholder in the van. It is still there to bring me continued joy of an out of the ordinary moment.

5. Jeffrey putting food in only on the side of his mouth because he has a loose tooth.

6. Playing 'Driving Princesses' in the pool...thank's for the idea, Shar!

7. Laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away all on the same day!

8. Making something everyone likes for dinner.

9. Getting more than 5 comments on a post.

10. Fixing a toy that the kids thought only Daddy could fix.

11. Getting a high score on my scrabble game online.

12. Buying something new and not needed (like I bought a nightgown yesterday after sleeping in t-shirts for the last forever). (Also, this cheap thrill can get expensive so don't do often!)

13. Making up a fun song and not hearing anyone say, "Quit singing Mom!" like they do when I sing regular, already written songs.

3 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets the 'only Daddy can do' line! Thanks for sharing and making me smile!

n8'swife said...

My good laugh for the day was at your house today! What in the world was Benjamin doing with his shirt?!>

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Your kids are ADORABLE! Cute blog! You have an infectious personality and I can't help but smile when I read your stuff or see your smile. Even when I had seen you around, but hadn't yet met you I liked you. I'm excited to get to know you better.