Monday, June 23, 2008

Catching up on Weekly Reviews

June 9 - June 30
Posted by Picasa



*We got a new video camera which also takes still photos so you can see some of the kids poses in the first few pictures. I will hopefully get a chance to work on the videos we've taken and get some posted. I have successfully gotten them onto the computer at least!
*The boys had swim lessons for 2 weeks. Luckily my friend's daughter had them at the same time so we sat together. Her other 2 kids and Jane played in the kiddie pool while the others were in lessons. It started to get HOT by the end!
*John went on a campout with the 11 year old scouts to Horseshoe Meadows near Lone Pine. He later showed me the road they go up to get there and my heart did a flippy flop...it's very steep!
*Friday the 13th Rachel and I took the boys and babies to see Kung Fu Panda, which we all thought was very cute. Our girls had a sitter so they could play together.
*I took the kids to a birthday party that night for a friend's 3 year old. John works with his dad but of course John was on the campout. We had a fun time anyway.
*While John was away I securely double locked all doors and double checked everything before I went to bed so I could sleep soundly. The next morning when I opened the front door there hung my keys in the lock. Doh! (I was opening the door to a friend so he could plunge the toilet. I tried my best and failed, and knew I couldn't wait for John to get home so thanks!)
*Father's Day
*10th wedding anniversary and trip to Lone Pine.
*Katie Anne had her 6 month check up and is nearly 18 pounds! I am needing to get out more clothes from the bins already!
*Youth Conference was this last weekend. Thursday night I had to take a trip to the barn in Inyokern (pronunciation for mom: IN-yokern) to set up for the dance. I took Jack with me and he had a great time feeding the animals and chasing the chickens. The next night we had the dance and it was warm, but fun to be somewhere besides the church. I was on the dance committee and thought we did a good job, if I do say so myself! The kids are troopers and don't seem to mind our pretty strict church dress code for dances. The girls feet were hurting by the end in their high heels but they all danced the night away!
* I went outside to do a check of the outside of the barn and ended up watching the moon rise. We have some fires not too far away so the moon was very red in the smoke before it got high enough. It was so gorgeous I just stared at it for some time.
*Saturday we had a service project boxing up an elementary school's library. We packed up about 170 boxes, and some kids worked with 3 different teachers to get their rooms packed up. The school is moving to a different school (empty for a while) while their's gets renovated. The librarian, teachers, and principal could not have been more grateful!
*We played kid games like duck, duck, goose, and played with a parachute on the lawn then had lunch. We met back at the church after shower and clothing changes for workshops and a testimony meeting. The symbol of our conference was a tree so our workshops were on the roots, trunk, branches/fruit of the tree and comparing these areas to us and how we can stand 'steadfast and immovable'. They were all very good! After that the committee met for dinner and review and now we're done and can start focusing ALL our energies on girl's camp!
*I met up with my family who were at the Veile's for dinner and birthday cake for Dan. It was nice to relax a little there.
*Sunday night (last night) I went in to check on the kids before going to bed myself and there was that OH SO DISTINCTIVE SMELL. Jeffrey had thrown up in his sleep. We threw his pillow out! It was bad. He continued on and off with problems until about 2:30 this morning. I am so glad that it is now 9:00 so I can go to bed. I am just hoping that this is it for ALL of us.

4 comments:

n8'swife said...

Hey I'm Aurora too, btw! I'm sorry about Jeffery and hope he's feeling better. So what are we going to do this campout??

The HousewifeTravels said...

Fun times!

hickenmargaret said...

Leaving your keys in the front door!!!!!?????You think that is bad - we had just got our new car and Andrea and I went into Kohl's and I left the car running - not locked or anything!!!! I was lucky that time. The pictures are cute.

turning about said...

So were you like totally freaked out by the sight of keys in your door! I know I would have been.
Sounds like you have had a great summer so far.