Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekly Review(s) May 19-31

We begin our saga with 2 boys building a dam at the annual Fathers and Sons campout. They had a great time playing and horsing around with their friends. They feared stormy weather but they weren't snowed on, rained on, or flooded out, much to my relief!
Katie Anne had her first spoonful of rice cereal. She really couldn't figure out what was going on, but grabbed the spoon to do it herself a couple of times. She could take it our leave it at this point but I keep trying. She always has a little shiver when I give her the first spoonful, very cute.
She likes her bottle and to play with her hair (what little she has) while she's drinking it.
For Memorial Day we attended the ward breakfast at the park. We had good food and lots of fun talking with friends. One couple brought their dog and Jack played with it for a very long time.
Uh Oh! They are wearing us down to get a pet, we'll see what happens.
The Matelko's came that night for a hot dog roast and some good play time with the kids. We had fun just talking and hanging out...There's Jeffrey with a mouthful, he loves my potato salad!

Jack really wanted me to go on one of his field trips so I farmed the other
kids out and went on this one...they bowled and then had lunch at McDonald's. He has good form, eh?

We went to McD's the next day for Jane's last playgroup. This shot was very tricky to get!!! But, they had fun and so did we. I am a big lover of playgroup! Thank you to all the mom's for teaching my child!
And speaking of Jane...her she is with her new look! We cut a LOT of hair
off and I think she looks adorable! I hope it will be an easy summer do. I think we'll be watching a lot less t.v., my current bribe to get her hair into pony tails, braids, etc...none of that now!
John tackled the shower this weekend. He ripped out the door and sanded the shower and all the bathroom walls. He then refinished the shower with some kind of magic spray and will hopefully paint this weekend. What a guy!
We also had fun this weekend going out to dinner and a movie with friends. We saw the new Indiana Jones film (aliens? seriously?) and then as if we hadn't had enough of each other we had dessert and played games the next night. So, we had a fun weekend even with all that work. Oh, and I went to a Tupperware party, how fun!

2 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

Cool week. Thanks for teaching Joey. He loves Jane so much. He will be asking if 'play group is today' for the whole summer for sure.

Ratliffs said...

Jane's hair cut is too cute! Katie Ann is getting so big!!! I can't believe she's already eating food! Andrew starts next month and it makes me so sad! Congrats on the shower! We did ours a year ago and I LOVE it!