When John poured his milk on his cereal this morning it was warm! Yuck! The freezer was working but the fridge wasn't. I put the main things in ice bowls, and called Sears. They could come next week. So I called another guy and he could be here by 1:30. When he didn't show up by 3:30 I called the last hope, and they not only came IMMEDIATELY :) but were the authorized Maytag dealers in town. They were able to give the fridge a quick fix, showed us how to keep it running for a few days, and ordered the part we need. Ahhhh....
But it got me thinking about our fridge. Is it o.k. to love a fridge? Ours is an older model than the one shown here, and everyone made fun of us for the crazy look of it, but it's very nice for storing everything. We have certainly crammed a lot into it before, especially when we had my entire family here for Jane's blessing a few years ago. Just the other day my friend asked if we were keeping it and the fridge heard me say that we might leave it behind. I actually hugged the fridge while I said it, so I think it forgave me... for a while. But I guess even it had had enough and reminded us today how much it's needed. We still don't know it's fate, it may come or it may stay, but perhaps this post will let it know that we love it either way!




8 comments:
That is sooo funny! I bet your fridge did hear you! From now on out, you'd better play it safe and watch what you say around your appliances! :)
I'm glad it's on the mend and that you got someone out there!
If you decide to leaave the fridge behind you better pray that it's new family will love with the same zeal that you do!
You are so funny! I love reading your blog! I'm finally back in the blog scene, and it feels good!
I'm curious who the service company was. We had a lot of great service for our maytags, but I can't remember the name of the company.
We really disliked our fridge in RC, but I have to admit, it was an oldie but goodie as we found out once we moved. I'm sure as long as you keep feeding it, it will love you.
I'm so glad its fixed. One less thing to deal with. Sorry about Katie Anne. I'm counting the minutes until I get to snuggle her.
You make me laugh - I love the way you look at life - thanks for sharing, you inspire me to look at things in positive way and to just be happy!
Oh, how I loved my old fridge. It was perfect, too! I could fit anything and EVERYTHING into it, as well. Alas, the buyer of our old home insisted we leave it. As it turns out, the fridge space in our new home is significantly SMALLER!! Aaaaaaaaaah!! Which means that my new fridge is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller!
I'm still in mourning. Measure the fridge space carefully before making an offer on your new home!
Post a Comment