Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our house...in the middle of the street!

I really need music on this blog! Do any of you know that song about "our house...in the middle of the street, our house."? Anyway...

We have been busily (frantically, tiredly, robotically) getting the house ready to put on the market on Monday! Yikes! We are very close to being ready, if I'd stop blogging and get the office finished. But, I've done SO MUCH that I really need a break now and again. I had all the bedrooms done, but when I took the glow-in-the-dark stars off the boys walls I recalled why they were placed where they were: to cover the hundred nail holes from the previous tenants. So, we are repainting tomorrow night. Ugh. The office is nearly there, although you wouldn't know it to look at it, but it does take a mess to clean a mess. We've already had people come through, once with a realtor and tonight some friends came to check it out. But, in order to get the house on the market we need to take some pictures. We'll probably end up with better ones by the time we're done but I thought I'd share what I have. This is all the back yard. We've had a blast back here. You can see the pool cover down, then up in the first 2 pictures. We've liked the pool but will probably not ever have one in ground again. Our grass is green all over for the first time. We finally got rid of all the problem spots. Just in time, huh.

And here's the inside. We have changed it alot from when we moved in. If I have time next week I'll try to post some before pictures. It was a doozy of a decorating job! But it's nice to change it to how I want it. I suppose the next owners will do the same thing. The picture of the red chair is in my bedroom and is my peaceful spot. I don't know if other people like the red next to the blue wall, but for some reason I love it! And that's all that matters, eh! So, there you go. I'm sure I'll have to post a goodbye house post another time, but the saps ran out of this tree for now. I'm in work mode!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

Wow! Keep up the good work. That's a good sign that you have people already looking... do you really have to go?

Jill said...

Not saying I'm sorry you're moving because I'm happy to have you back here, but there are some nice perks to that house (the yard especially) that will be hard leaving!Everything looks great!

Ratliffs said...

Wow! GREAT job! Can I come and walk through your house? :)

just andrea said...

I LOVE IT!! The house looks great! you've done a ton even since I was there last year. good picks on the colors. I also love your entry table. where did you get it??

loricjensen said...

I can't believe the time is really here for you to leave Ridgecrest. I don't live there and I'm sad for you to leave! I hope for your sake that it sells quickly. I hope you find a house you love. WE love you!

n8'swife said...

It's looking good. Let me know if I can help. Oh wait, I can't help. That would be giving into the fact that you're leaving!!! J/K!

Marissa said...

Thanks for sharing - it is fun to see your house, even if you are leaving it! Look forward to pictures of a new house.

The HousewifeTravels said...

Are these the pictures for the MLS listing? They make your house look way smaller than it really is. Try standing in corners of the room for the largest view. And maybe you could take pictures of the kid's rooms through the windows looking in. Maybe John could start a new Peeping Tom hobby. HEE HEE!

hickenmargaret said...

The pictures look nice! You have really done a nice job in your home - especially when you know what it looked like before. Hope everything goes well and it sells soon.

Desiree said...

Thanks for that wonderful comment on my blog about my large backside, it made me laugh. I love seeing pics of your house. I am sooooo excited to have you back this way. We'll have to go on some double dates just like we use to.