Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WEEKLY REVIEW (with capitals...it was a big week!)

Katie Anne has started to pull her little self up to a standing position and it is so darn cute! Look at those cute little legs! She has also started really moving and I feel like I can not keep track of her. I asked Jack to watch her once and he didn't do that great of a job...she had found John's screwdriver and was chewing on it and 2 saws were close by. Did I mention that it's not a good idea to get ready to move with a baby who moves herself? Anyway, I've been way more careful. You can also see in the next picture that her hair is growing a bit. When she's nice and sweaty it curls up a bit.



On Friday we went bowling with Shar, Rachel, and their kids. We had a fun time. Some of the balls the kids threw went super slow but eventually made it to the end. Shar won the whole game with an even 100. Man, we're good!

School started yesterday. The boys were very excited to get started again. They were up and at it pretty early, but today the novelty had worn off. You might notice, if you're really looking for it, that Jeffrey has a different shirt on by the time we get to the school shots. As we were getting out of the van at school he managed to fall right in the ditch which, for some unknown reason, had water in it. We loaded back up, came home and changed, and had a pretty smooth first day. Except for Jeffrey, again, who had a sub the first day because his teacher's mom is sick. He's still a little nervous about so much freedom at school but he'll be fine. Jack likes his teacher and said that she 'actually is very nice'. I put notes in their lunch boxes but he informed me that it was "sooo embarrasing if someone saw that it said 'I love you' on it so I hid it to read it but I really liked it."

Posted by Picasa
The house is now officially on the market and you can find it on the MLS list if you know our zipcode and what our house looks like. We still need to add pictures and some more details but it will be there shortly. Now we are in the keep the house looking perfect stage but not a lot of hard labor left. Speaking of labor, welcome to little Natalie...John's brother and his wife just had a sweet little girl last week.

5 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Wow! They really are growing up fast, aren't they?!? Its harder to realize with a kid you see everyday, but I still remember KA from that day at the park. And I can't believe she's so mobile! Thats great! I don't think Andrew really has that much motivation just yet. Congrats on all your hard work! You're one awesome lady to have been able to do all that (with kids, during summer!) and to still have a smile on your face! Hope it sells fast! (But not because I want you to leave :) )

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

You have such handsome boys! I don't think I've ever really met them...

n8'swife said...

Hay I need both of the pictures with my kiddos! Bowling was a lot of fun!

kjha said...

I should have said that when Jack has watched Katie Anne before he's done a good job!

mytee sooperox said...

I can't believe Katie Anne is standing already! Arg! She's grown up so fast! She sure is a cutie.

So, are you happy now? I'm no longer a blurker!