RED: The color of Katie Anne's face when they put on this second cast. She slept almost 13 hours last night and has been very happy today. She can crawl, pull herself up, and still get into everything! I'm not sure what she'll get out of this trial but she's taught me to just deal with the situation and get on with life in a happy way!
GOLD: The color of the mother of the year award which I will not be earning this year! As the lady in Taco Time commented, "A baby in a cast, that's strange!"
SILVER: The color of the truck we bought while we were in Utah. John found it on KSL classifieds and did the research on it before we went up. This isn't the exact truck but a picture of one I found on the internet. Believe me, John took it to work today to show his friends. Only when he was showing it off did he realize Jane's seat was still in it! Luckily we have a backup. So, we followed each other home from Utah. We made it to Beaver the first night before I started seeing double and felt like we should stop. We were in our hotel room by 11:45 but both girls didn't go to sleep until after 1:00! But, we still had a good nights sleep and the next day was better because we were alive.
GREEN: The color of the grass we hope to have someday at the house we hope to buy! Here is a picture of the current backyard. At least there is some green in the beautiful trees at the back of the property. Now, like the end of a good jigsaw puzzle, we just need a few pieces to have everything in place.
BLACK: What we could see in front of our faces when the lights went out during a family party (of 30 people) Sunday night. We soon adjusted and found a few lights to keep the party going. We had lots of rain and I had brought exactly 1 warmer outfit for everyone. I wore my levi's 3 days straight and when we got home they walked themselves into the washer. I went to Target and got a few things for the kids before being summoned home to go house hunting again.
BROWN: I realized as I was driving from the gorge to Vegas why I usually sleep through that stretch. It's all brown!!! Jeffrey saw a for sale sign somewhere in the middle of everything and said, "Look, Mom, the desert's on the market!"
ORANGE: The color of cheese that we'll be eating on the fajitas I'm on my way to make!







12 comments:
Definitely a rainbow of experiences. I feel bad for you about Katie Ann, yikes!
Sorry about Katie Ann - glad to see things keep rolling along.
Poor Katie Ann! And you still deserve a gold medal (tee hee I first typed god medal) for doing so much for so many so quickly!
Look how creative you are!!! Too Funny! So sorry about Katie Ann! I can't even imagine! And I think you're an AMAZING mom! I hope all your stress is over soon!
I'm still the most "colorful" friend you have. That lady in Taco Time is totally right. If I see my baby with a black eye I'm calling CPS. Why didn't I think of this sooner! Then you'll have to stay in Ridgecrest for a while longer to prove your innocence and I can keep Katie Anne for a while. Perfect. (insert evil laugh)
Glad everything worked out in Utah! Nice truck! Katie Ann is still adorable, even in a cast!!
I loved reading this. And don't worry about the Taco Time lady. She probably doesn't have kids. ;)
Sorry about Katie Ann, I know just how that is. I'm so excited to have you in Utah.
Blue: The color I feel when my friend comes into the state and doesn't stop by to say HI! JK, I just want more details about your move to Utah, mostly where in Utah you're going to live? Why isn't it by me?
I'm glad she has a cast on that won't come off!! She is a very mobile baby and keeping her from crawling was a terrible job. Anyway, we still think she's the cutest thing. Glad you got home safely. You never get over being glad when everyone is in their own beds - even when they are 45 years old.
How cute! I love your rainbow post! Do you have any idea how Katie fractured her leg? Amelia tumbled down 15 stairs the other day and I was sure she broke a bone...nope...she just bounced. It will be nice to have you closer!
Cannon! Your plan is genius! I'll help. ;)
Post a Comment