I have thought a lot about what I could say my worst fear is...
*heights
*putting my foot in my mouth
*thinking I look good and then realizing I have a)forgotten to do my hair or b)have mascara all over my glasses or c)having spitup down my back or d)any number of things
*hitting a motorcycle
*phonecalls with bad news on the other end
*my children/husband/family not knowing how much I really love them
*that horrible song about 'I'll build you a rainbow' coming true in my life
*and the list goes on
But I think I have come to realize that my worst fear is that I have too many fears that keep me from enjoying life. I have actually known this for a long time and have done my best to do what I can to fight these fears (and I think I've done a fairly good job of it). Don't get me wrong. I'm not about to jump out of an airplane or anything! And standing on the little balcony off my bedroom gives me thrills and shivers at the same time but hey, That's Life!




13 comments:
What a great fear list! It is fun finding your blog from cocoa.
I'm the same way. Too many fears. But I'm learning too that life isn't all that scary.
Great point ..... we really could fear everything. Why not just enjoy!
I once unknowingly went out of the house with a fluffy pink butterfly hair clip that I had picked off the floor and stuck on the top of my head for the time being. When I came home and saw I had that goofy clip on the top of my head, I was horrified--but I lived--it probably gave a lot of people a good laugh. You are right we should stop worrying about so many things and just enjoy life.
My kids love to play the "What if" game. What if this or that happened? They can make themselves scared silly doing that. Reminds me of JFK's "We have nothing to fear but fear itself" speech.
I get that like every once in awhile, where I focus on all the bad things, all the things that could go wrong, or all the scary things that could happen. It takes some 'shaking off' on my part before I'm okay again. Life could be really scary if all we do is focus on our fears! Good thing we've got the plan of happiness! :D
Someone already mentioned the famous JFK quote, "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself." I think you summed up the idea of why this is so. When we "take counsel from our fears" (as Aunt Kathy would say),we don't get the most out of this short life we have been given.
I too struggle with fears, sometimes I can be paralized by them. I'm doing better though as I learn to trust God and realize that all will be well in the very end! Life is too crowded to leave room for fear!
I think a fear of heights is ligitimate though!
I have way too many fears also. I have to be careful what I watch or read so that I don't gain new fears.
True enough. Our fears can stop us from getting the most out of life, but only if we let them. They only have the power we give them.
I miss you!
Great post. The really scary thing for me is watching my fears being passed on to my kids right before my eyes--bugs, worrying about little things, bad weather, etc. And I thought I was being so brave! :)
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself"........those words ring true and fear can keep us from enjoying some of lifes most enjoyable experiences.
Your list was good to read......lets me know I'm not the only one with "many" fears.
very well said! Truly, "we have nothing to fear, but fear itself."
Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment