Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

Posted by Picasa
Katie Anne! She is all of one year today! One year ago last night I had all the Christmas presents wrapped, all the neighbor gifts ready, and had a good nights sleep before heading to the hospital the next day to be induced. The day went pretty normal until John went out to the car to get something. By the time he came back in I was ready to go. It was at this point that no one paid any attention to me.
"Shut the door!" I wailed, not wanting my good friend Rachel to hear me, for she had given birth just the day before to little Matthew (that's him in the blessing picture). I think the door got shut, Katie Anne made a fantastic entrance, and all was right with the world.
Katie Anne (with an E!) has been such a joy to our family. She is almost always smiling, has always known just what she wanted, and has been a good sport about being ignored while her mom takes care of other people and their needs. She broke her leg and kept right on moving! She can blow kisses, bubbles with her spit (very inventive), and wave bye-bye. She also can say "Mom" and "Da" and sometimes a whole string of other things too sophisticated for us to understand. AND!!! She took a step, just one, the other night. Wow.
I am thankful for my Katie Anne.


9 comments:

Sophie said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe it! Time goes too fast. She sure is a cutie!

n8'swife said...

Yay for Katie Anne (with and e!). I hope she has a very happy birthday!

Desiree said...

Happy Birthday Katie Anne! I'm so glad I finally got to meet her. She is such a sweetheart. I can't wait to play with her again.

The HousewifeTravels said...

Yay! My sweeet pie is 1! I miss her hugs and smiles. I know she misses me too. I AM her favorite. Miss you too Mommy.

Leslie said...

Aw! Happy Birthday little angel!

theloulie said...

Wow, our sweet girl is 1! We miss her, and her mom too.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Katie Anne! We are excited to meet you for the first time next week!

turning about said...

Happy, happy birthday Katie Anne (with and E) dear. Katie Anne with an is is more romantic than just plain Ann, it really does bring more scope to the imagination. I really miss her cute smiles and loves. Hope She has a wonderful day!

just andrea said...

Happy Birthday to Katie Anne!!! We love her so much!! miss the fam tonight....