Monday, January 5, 2009

10:00 and all's well...

So I should be in bed but I am blogging instead. I should be writing a real post, but instead I am playing around on Cutest Blog on the Block and thinking about Valentine's Day. I thought I'd look ahead to the next holiday and get a jump on things...just kidding, I just liked this blog layout. I am wishing I had had my blog printed out for a Christmas present. Have any of you actually had one printed? Was it easy? What site did you use? How much did it cost you (if you don't mind my asking...)

We had the funnest FHE so far this year. We all filled out a form about our favorites of the last year, drew a picture of things that happened to us, then we shared our forms with each other. Then, we make a master list of memories, seal it up in an envelope and save it for the first FHE in the new year. Then we read previous year's forms and master lists and it's a blast for the kids to see how things have changed, stayed the same, and how their drawing has improved. In Jack's case he saw that his handwriting has actually gotten worse! A good thing for him to see for himself. Anyway, then I got to reading past family journals and since I started blogging I haven't been keeping up on that, thus the request for help, but only if it's EASY and CHEAP wouldn't be bad either! Happy Valentine's Day! I mean, Happy New Year!

PS Anyone know the movie that quote came from under the LOVE picture? No cheating, now...

6 comments:

Jill said...

I like your blog choice, your family home evening idea, and the quote is from Princess Bride!
Buttercup says to Wesley, "But you were dead!" Then he says, "Death cannnot stop true love, only delay it for awhile." Great quote!

Go to Blurb.com and you can find out prices and stuff for printing your blog.

Leslie said...

Yes, of course, Princess Bride. If you did not know that, I would worry about you.

The HousewifeTravels said...

Princess Bride Rocks! Sad that I knew that right off.

Chersten said...

I am going to steal your idea. What a wonderful FHE. You are amazing.

theloulie said...

Nice blog background. Great FHE idea! and of course I knew it was Princess Bride. Great movie for quotes.

Verity said...

Hey, Kathryn. I'm slowly using Blurb's BookSmart program to turn our blog into a book. I know one friend who used it successfully and was very happy with how it turned out. I like the user-friendly program, but I liked it even more when Blogger was compatible with it. Now I have to take the time to copy/paste text and download pics from the blog and our computer files, but, hey, hopefully I'll forget the inconvenience when our book is "published!"