Thursday, January 1, 2009



HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I wrote this poem for 2008's new year, and thought I'd share it with you for 2009.




The Key

The key to a great year,
Everybody knows,
Is setting quite a few
Unreachable goals.

Everyone does it --
They make a long list.
But by January 2nd
They've already missed.

And so they give up,
Discouraged and Sad
And at themselves
They're a little bit mad.

But as we all know,
Getting mad never helps,
So set a new goal --
No whining or yelps.

The new goal to have
Is quite simply this:
To show love to all
You won't go amiss.

It's the greatest commandment
Of all that God gave.
When you love all around,
Your soul He can save.

You can start with yourself,
Or others to cheer.
This is the key
To a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Love the poem and the idea behind it. I think I'll make the goal you suggested, along with only one other one. TO BUDGET!
Love Ya Kat!

theloulie said...

Good one! Happy New Year.

Shelby said...

Hey Kathryn. I guess you can say I was 'snooping'. I found your blog on Merry's. Great poem! Hope you guys have a great year! How are you enjoying UT?

turning about said...

Looks like you had a very fun Christmas. Hey can I use your poem for my talk I have to give on Sunday - it goes great with my subject.

Verity said...

Loved this--thanks so much for sharing!

Chersten said...

Great poem!! Wonderful motivation for a wonderful new year. thanks.