Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our life is a collage...

So, time for a quick (hopefully) update on life. We have had lots of fun lately with the fam. My 3 sisters and any kids who were with us went shopping one day to a fun home decorating store, then went to lunch. I am so happy that we all get along and have fun together. We are spread out in our ages but it doesn't seem to matter. I get all the benefit because they like (hopefully) helping me take care of the girls when we're out and about. Another night we all convened at Stacy's house to watch my nephew head out to prom. Oh my! I told Betsey that if I was brave I'd find my old prom pictures and do a post, but a)I don't know where the pictures are and b)I'm not that brave! It was still fun to watch all these kids getting in their 'limo' which was really a decked out bus.
We were also blessed to have some friends come and visit from Cali. We've had a few visitors since we got here (some I remembered to take pics of, some I didn't, nothing personal!) and we love it! It seemed like no time at all has passed since we had been together, and I think that's a good sign of a good friendship! Thanks to everyone for making the effort!

My Aunt was in a nearby town on Tuesday so we met up at my cousin's house with my sisters and parents to have lunch. Jane left quite an impression while we were there, literally. She fell backwards on her barstool and left quite a dent in the corner of their wall, and left with a matching bump. I felt bad all the way around, and can only be grateful we didn't leave a giant blood stain as well! This is her second major bump in just a short time, and I hope we're done with head injuries! (It was VERY fun, besides this little incident, to visit with everyone!)

Last night was Jack's pack meeting. They had a rocketship derby. Jack's looked and worked awesome! In fact, he won the championship prize, a basketball with the scout logo on it. Looks great! Jack did a lot of the work on it and was pretty proud.

The house is coming along! And for Justin, here's the tubing on the floor that is our radiant heat. Then they cover that up with cement. The posts in pic #3 go to the patio that was poured last week(bottom pics). I didn't realize what a long process this was. It's been a fun learning experience.
And finally, if you made it this far and you are a fan of Wordful Wednesday, I just wanted to let you know how it works so you can be a part of it. I know a few of you have shown some interest in it. Just hook up with Chocolate on my Cranium's site, and check it on Wednesday (today!) to see what the topic is. Ponder it for a while, then write a post on the topic that you schedule for the next Wednesday. On that Wednesday you copy the URL of the post (just click on the title of your post, then copy what's in the bar at the top of your screen. if I were smart I'd know the name of that bar!) and paste it in the Mr. Linky at the end of Cocoa's post (don't worry, the instructions are right there!), then you can read what everyone else has to say about that topic. You might even win a prize, like I did!

4 comments:

The HousewifeTravels said...

What? You looked smokin' hot in that red lace dress at your prom. Covered in the front deep v in the back. And that guy wearing a tux had his arm around you and even your kids recognized wasn't their dad. Priceless! I need to see that video again.

P.S. Didn't you move to Utah? Those dresses? They must have had to go out of state to find sleevless dresses.

n8'swife said...

I think I've permanently lost my prom pictures!!! Seriously a bus to the prom, too funny!

Verity said...

I was surprised by all the sleeveless dresses, too. You are so lucky to have had so many old friends come by for a visit! That definitely says something about you, and about friends. :)

turning about said...

Thanks for the visit. We had so much fun. Thanks for the picture of the radiant heat. Look forward to seeing ya all again!!!