Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Lucky Day...looking back!

Four years ago today we brought Janie home from the hospital! She was born the day before, at 2:04 p.m. and weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs, 15 1/2 oz. (Let's just call that 9 pounds, shall we?) Anyway, Jane was supposed to have been born days, even weeks earlier, according to me and my plans. The boys came early, and I love my babies to share their birthdays with people I love, and there were 5! birthdays she could land on, and the boys had both complied, so why not Jane? Because. She has to do things HER WAY, right from the very beginning. She was also one of the first of 6 babies due among me and my friends, and one of the last to be born. Her little friend, Emma, born 3 days before Jane, came several weeks early, but had to be born on the bathroom floor. She wins :)! Anyway, it was a very fun time to have a baby and to share this time with friends and family. My mom was even there to see Jane make her entrance into this beautiful world.
So, she decided on a Mickey Mouse (Y? Because she likes him!) party. They had these little Mickey Mouse cakes and ice cream, opened presents, played games, and made little bracelets. She had a great time and I hope she'll remember it the rest of her life (my sister's 20 year old kids don't remember any of their parties!).
That night we had her dinner request (homemade pizza) and invited Gma and Gpa to join in on the fun. Her 'big' present was the van for the people who live in her doll house. It's very fun and we've all enjoyed playing with it. And in case you can't tell, her cake is in the shape of a 4. Her only request for a cake was that it was a 4 with her name on it. Easy! Anyway, we love 'er!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Jane! 4 is a fantastic age to be. And I totally love the oreo cookie bears or Mickeys (they could be either). I will be doing those for the boy's birthday in April!

loricjensen said...

I love reading your blog. I always feel to uplifted or thoughtful after reading your stories. I also love the designs and would love some tips. Miss you!

n8'swife said...

Happy Birthday Janie!! We miss you!

theloulie said...

Ahhh, cute pics. I like the cakesters idea.

Carrie said...

She is such a little cutie!! I am glad you all had a wonderful day!