So, I have been waiting for March 9th for a while now, expecting my life to change for a few weeks while I flew my cute daughter to Regis and Kelly for our photo shoots and a free stay in a nice hotel and hopefully a visit to wardrobe for both of us. They announced the finalists in their cutest baby contest that day, and, well, that’s where the title of this post comes in. We, I mean she, wasn’t picked, but it doesn’t mean that I can’t think it! She is one cutie patootie! Look at her in those fancy pajamas and Snow White dress-up shoes. Then, at lunchtime, I asked her where her chicken was, “What?” she replied, “You mean all this chicken that I stuffed in my pocket? That chicken? Oh, yeah, I wanted to save it for later.” And then, she has discovered babies. She can even say ‘baby’. It’s so fun to watch her hug them, before tossing them carelessly behind her! Anyway, there you have it. No 4-year-tuition-paid prize for us. At least WE know better!
Then there was Jane. She was more than a little excited to be chosen as student of the month in her dance class. The prize was this little shirt, which she was not about to take off at bedtime until I told her it was clean enough to wear the next day! I will have to try and figure out how to post some video of her dancing...it's hilarious! 
So, we got home from St. George and I wasn't feeling well so I did kind of bare bones last week, so this week is catch up. Wednesday night I was asked if our kids could sing in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and I said yes. At our first practice Thursday afternoon it became clear that maybe it would be better if I just played a piano solo. I began practicing immediately. By church I felt pretty good about my piece. And it went pretty good unless you count that my left hand started on the wrong note, I played way, way too fast, I missed all my carefully planned dynamics, and I was shaking worse than a California earthquake! I had hoped/thought I was over my fear of playing in public. I can accompany people singing just fine! Darn solos. Someday...
I was also asked to substitute teach the Marriage Enrichment class. It was on the role of mothers, and I really appreciated the lesson. The main talk I used was by President Benson, and can be found here (scroll down). I also made a list of mothers in the scriptures, and jotted some notes down about each of them. Like, did Sarah know what Abraham was planning when he and Isaac left? Would she have let her husband take her son? What did Sariah do when Laman and Lemuel were torturing Nephi? How do you show love to all of them? Think about it, it's a fun and humbling exercise. (and my class went a little better than my solo, thank heavens!)
The house is coming along. It would go faster if they came and worked. We did get the windows in so that's a good thing. This week we had a major snow storm on Monday...about 15 inches. I thought we were done with that! Man, it's been a long time since I lived in Utah to be that duped! But, as my BIL says, snow+spring=flowers!
So, have a happy week!





5 comments:
Sorry you didn't get the trip, but she is one darn cute baby! I really need to get Emma into dance classes!
Both of your girls are too cute!
And as far as the books go, I've already read a few of them and I'll tell you that they were awesome! The Uglies series was a good one (so good that I bought it after borrowing them from the library) but the Lowlands of Scotland series (4 books)...I don't think I can say enough! I just finished the fourth and I am dying to re-read the entire series again! I absolutely LOVED them. I'll let you know when I read some more!
If they knew her like we do, you'd be going on a trip for sure.
Busy Sunday, phew!
Wow, I didn't know about the baby picture thing! That's cool that you actually went! Yes, we know better;)
I would have picked her to win.
I have often wondered the same things about the moms in the scriptures. I think about that stuff a lot when I read.
Post a Comment