April Fool's! We had a fun day and I managed to get in a few tricks. I went in to the boys room just as they were getting dressed and told them the school called and they had to be there by 7:45 that day. (Normally they leave at 8:00 for an 8:20 start). Boy did they rush! I told them that since we had to hurry so bad that I would pour their cereal. Little did they know I put food coloring at the bottom of the bowl so their milk would turn color when they poured it on. I didn't put enough, though, so only a few cheerios were colored. They thought that was the big joke. Anyway, they got ready really fast and when I told them, "April Fool's" Jeffrey just said, "That's a good one, mom." And they went and played 'til it was time to go.
But the fun didn't stop there. Jack got a wet bum from his prankster teacher, then I made them a special after school snack...oreo's with the frosting replaced by toothpaste. Jack took the first bite and said, "Didchooputtoophasteindese?" My big smile was enough for him to jump up and go and spit it out. Jane barely licked her frosting then said, "I don't think cookies should have toothpaste in them." And Jeffrey saw all this and didn't even try one. I left the rest on the counter and John grabbed one on his way downstairs. When he came up he was like, "Those oreos are disgusting! What's wrong with them?" I told him what I'd done, but not before nearly peeing my pants from laughing so hard! Thanks, inventor of April Fool's Day!
And then there's Katie Anne, who when I say is in to everything, I mean IN everything! She likes getting into these two spots the best. Isn't it cute?
And here's our weekend. Thanks to my mom and dad for babysitting while John and I went to our mission reunion (yes we went to the same mission). Only one of my companions came but it was fun to see her. I was living with her after my mission when she reintroduced me to John. Thanks, Luck! It was great to see our president and his wife. The picture of the kids is during General Conference, which I loved. Saturday night my sisters, their kids, and my folks came over while the men went to priesthood meeting. They make a good lookin' group! We had lots of yummy desserts, good chats, and oh, yeah, to top it off Jane wet her pants all over me and the kitchen floor, thanks to some zurberting by her cousin-in-law! Thanks, Matt!

Other highlights of the week: went on a home tour with the Utah Homemaker's group. Saw some pretty creative stuff and a couple big homes. Went to a potluck lunch at the neighbor's...need to have the girls take naps BEFORE we go. Had my brother and his sidekick come and get our house wired for the fun stuff (t.v. and junk like that). THANKS MARK! Had activity days making job jars that turned out so cute. And I guess that's all!
4 comments:
What is it with these kids getting into things, I swear my Benjamin and Emma were not like this at all! I love the pictures!
I wish I could of been at the reunion. Let me know when we have another one again. :)
That was a great time - during & after Priesthood meeting. I don't know if it's Jack or Jeffrey, but the one sitting on the couch looks like he has 2 big pigtails coming out of his head. Great looking bunch of guys!!!!!
Toothpaste cookies! Where did you come up with that? I am laughing so hard at John. I can totally see his reaction in my mind. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Post a Comment