Friday, April 3, 2009

my latest project

*****Are you ready for General Conference? There is so much good stuff out there, and most of it is print and go. Here's a few: Apostle Booklet (have kids put a check next to each picture when they see them); Apostle Cards (we played match and do you know with these); General Conference Bingo (which the kids plan on playing with candy). If that's not enough Cocoa posted this packet, which I printed out and cut up for everybody's enjoyment. Hope this makes your weekend enjoyable for the whole family!
*****So, my latest project is for our Family Nights. Let's just say I sing a LOT of wrong words when singing primary songs, then we'd get all flustered and I felt badly that my kids weren't learning the songs like I wanted them to. Then I thought I might copy some of the brilliant primary choristers out there and do my own pages for our family to learn the songs the right way. I've done about 10 songs, so far, using my print artist program, the LDS website, Google images, and the Children's Primary Songbook. The kids love figuring them out, we sing the songs and I have found myself singing the songs correctly at other times as I picture the pages in my head. Turns out I'm a visual learner! If you want to make your own and need help let me know!
(There's more to this song, just giving a sampling.)

5 comments:

Braden and Cheri said...

Wow! That's awesome. I'm the primary chorister and I find I'm ALWAYS searching for ways to teach the songs. Right now, I'm struggling getting the kids to remember the 3rd verse of How Firm a Foundation as well as keep the 2 verses of My Eternal Family straight. I find myself messing up the words on that one too! I wish I had your talent!

Desiree said...

I love the song thing. I've done that in the past but your's put mine to shame. How about I just buy a copy of yours?

n8'swife said...

You are so creative Kathryn!! We just sing the same song over and over at FHE!!!

Marissa said...

Great idea - love your posters!

turning about said...

I wish I would have read your blog before conference those would have been helpful, but I don't have ink in my printer at the moment so I guess it wouldn't have helped anyway. Thanks though!