If you happen to love Mother's Day because you know how wonderful you are at every thing you do, you never question how you handled something, your house is always clean, and you always have the perfect meal plan so that everyone gets just the right amount of recommended daily calories from all the right foods, and you are never late, and your kids are perfect, then this post is NOT FOR YOU! I repeat, do not read any further, and find out that I am not this woman.
As it turns out, I kinda get a little down on myself around mother's day, thinking of all that I've done that I'm not proud of, things I plan on doing and never do, and well, you get the idea! Yesterday while Jane was playing with her gray blob of play dough, it occured to me, that I was being a good mom. You see, it bothers me to no end that no matter how many fresh colors of play dough we open, they all end up mooshed together. But did I say anything? No! Creativity and Self-expression right! As I was thinking about this, I remembered Tuesday Tips coming up, and thought that this would be a great tip for this week: EVERY TIME YOU DO SOMETHING GOOD, PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK! Literally! It's fine if you pat yourself on the back just for getting up in the morning! Mothering is hard work, and very worthwhile, and sometimes we get down about whatever, but not this week! When all else fails, sing this little tune:
P.S. The cartoons are from The Pajama Diaries



9 comments:
Too true! I get down on myself for things all the time! But I'll try and do some serious patting the rest of the week!
And I love both of your little pictures!
I love Mother's Day... but I try NOT to think about myself as a mother or I'd go into a deep depression. Instead, I focus on our Mother in Heaven, my grandmothers, and my own wonderful mom, and choose one of each of their qualities to try and be like. This year... I'm going to pat myself on the back for something though... just haven't thought of WHAT yet.
The sponge bob sheets made me laugh out loud. Awesome! Thanks for the giggle.
Hi Katherine, I just have to tell you I LOVE your blog! You're hilarious and always make me see things from a better perspective! I hope your family is doing well and that Jane's eyes are getting better, what a sweetheart! Love you- Kami
Thanks Kat!
So true! The song, the product... so true. You are an amazing mother and I will refrain from comparing my mothering to yours. I just hope you have a great Mother's Day! I like any day when I get stuff!
It actually sounds like you have the mothering thing down pat. Cute post! Thanks for the encouragement!
You are a great mother. I used to not like Mother's Day, but one day I decided that I should love Mother's Day!!! Being a mother is really the only thing I wanted to be when I grew up, so why not like it. I also decided that I wanted presents, a good dinner and be waited on - still waiting for some of that.
I laughed so hard at that song! I think I will perform it for the camp talent show this year! You are awesome! Thanks for always making me laugh! By the way, we are coming to Utah a lot this summer! Maybe on the way to Bear Lake we can see you!
Post a Comment