Sunday, May 24, 2009

What's up lately...

Slow down, you go to fast, want to make the moment last! I'm pretty sure that's from a song, but too busy to look it up! Life is cruising along here at warp speed. I was able, thanks to some babysitting from Grandma then my sister, to go on a field trip each for Jeffrey and Jack. Jeffrey went to a living farm, and here he is milking a cow. Jack's was walking 3 miles round trip to a park where the city was teaching about what it takes to run a city. They were thrilled the most with a)the water bottles served out of a defective coffin (how do you know when a coffin is defective, and does it really matter?), b) the candy handed out at most stations, and c) the whistles that were also a give away.
Jane had her dance recital. She looks kinda unhappy in the first picture because she's in character for being an orphan so she could dance to "It's a Hard Knock Life" from Annie. I thought she looked adorable and was the best dancer up there, along with her cousin Alyson. Thanks to all the family who came to watch!
The house is coming along...the shop is done and thanks again to family we have moved all the shop stuff down there. John had painted the floor with an epoxy paint so it should be pretty durable. We had a potluck with everyone who came to help...the true kind where you don't know what food is coming...and it was all soooo good.
A weekend ago we went to my Uncle Jay's 80th birthday party. It was very fun to see a few of my cousins. Here's Katie Anne in the car on the way down. You might notice that she is binky-less. She threw one away and we left one at Grandma's so she quit and has had no problem being without it. I'm glad it was an easy transition!
In other news...school is almost out, I finally got a swimsuit yesterday that will work and we should have grass by next week, and by the time this posts I'll be officially back in RS as Enrichment councillor, again. See ya later!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

The song is "Feeling Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel. And yes, life is move at warp speed here too. I think it's always like this at the end of school.

I starting my Leif Enger book today. When I saw it on your blog I ordered a copy for myself. Can't wait to start. Glad to see you loved it.

turning about said...

Jane looks so cute in her dance outfit. It is a crazy time of year, that is for sure. How exciting to have the shop done. Thanks for the previous blog, I plan to use some of the stuff.

n8'swife said...

Jane does look super cute!! Can you please come and steal away all of Mo's binks please!! It is way past an addiction!

The HousewifeTravels said...

So fun! RS will love having you. Lots of adventures, hope it's been enjoyable.

P.S. do you want to revise your "Things I have in common with Kate Gosselin" list. Or maybe you should do a "why I'm nothing like Kate Gosselin" list. I'd love to read that one. Counting the days 'til the beach

mom said...

You always have such good ideas to make life easier. The pictures are so cute of the kids.