Today is OUR DAY! We were married eleven years ago on a warm sunny, I mean windy-sorta-sunny-in-a-hope-it-doesn't-rain day. In fact, by the end of the night there was snow on the mountains, and yes, we did have an outdoor reception. Someone took some video of our reception and you see all of these people shivering and thinking, this is crazy! But we were warm in our love, plus the heaters we had behind us helped. The thing is, most of the people who came through the line knew me or my family, and they told John how lucky he was to have married the most wonderful gal in all the whole wide world. What they didn't know, was that I was the one who was getting the better end of the deal. I am happy every day that I married this guy.
In eleven years we have:
1. Moved. Eight times.
2. Welcomed 4 children into our home.
3. Bought plenty of camping equipment, that the scouts were happy to use, and that we'll use as a family for the first time in a few weeks.
4. Had other callings in the church that defined our lives.
5. Bought a car, a van, a truck, and 4 bikes.
6. Watched countless movies. Well, John has. I have slept through most of them.
7. Painted every room in one house, and a few in a few of the others. Well, John has.
8. Supported each other in our interests. He does not see the glory in scrapbook paper, nor do I see the beauty in certain tools.
9. Put many, many miles on our van.
10. Bought 3 houses. Yeah, I think we're done with that for a while.
11. Had many happy memories!





3 comments:
Congratulations!!! Quite an achievement.
Are you taller than John or are you just wearing heels in the pictures?
I remember your wedding day! One of my favorites. You did marry a great guy. I've always approved of John. I knew he was the guy for you the first time he created a race car out of a baby carrot using his teeth. I've like him ever since.
Happy Anniversay you guys!
Congrats! You guys are a great couple!
Post a Comment