Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words...

Too bad I haven't taken any lately! So much for my Tuesday Tip of keeping the camera handy. I actually have done that part, just FORGOT to use it! Anyway, we have had lots of fun lately, and here I am trying to paint a picture with words.

First of all, THANK YOU to all of our friends who have come to visit lately! Lori came from AZ and brought our friend's kids (from NC) with her. That friend was ill at the time or I am SURE she would have come too. :) (Even though I do not personally own any of the Twilight series. Sorry.) Anyway, Lori came and it was so fun to see how her kids have grown and to have a good chat. She is an awesome gal and I'm so thankful for the effort she made to come up.

Next, we had some drop ins on Saturday night. The Calls from CA drove up and I thought someone was just using our driveway to turn around in. Then they parked and got out of the car and I couldn't believe it! Thank you for stopping in, and might I just take this opportunity to apologize for not feeding you! What a bad, bad hostess I was. Next time?

Lastly, my very last mission companion from WA (hope you know your state abbreviations) was in UT visiting her folks and took an evening to come up with her family for dinner. It's been 9 years since I had seen her so it was very fun to meet all of her children and get to know her husband a little better. We only served for 2 months together, but like she said, it's an intense 2 months!

And then there's the family. This is what we moved here for, right? We have had so much fun having cousins over to just play and hang out. I am glad I stocked up on a few things like paper plates and cold cuts because we've used them! While my 13 year old neices were here my sisters and I took advantage of their babysitting skills and left the kids in their care while we went to lunch and shopping. My older neice came along and she is just a dream to shop with. She picked out everything for me to try on. I hate the looking part and she loves it.

Other things we've done...
* bowling
* went to see UP (my rave reviews are for the first little bit of the show, didn't care much for the rest but that little montage at the beginning was the best!)
* went out to dinner last night with my sisters (minus 1) and my mom.
* played on the grass
* continued efforts on the house (all the rooms are painted!)

I feel, as I am sure I should have known that I would, that summer is flying by and all my preparations to keep the kids busy have yet to be utilized. How's your summer?

3 comments:

theloulie said...

So fun to see old friends, speaking of which, will you be in home the first week of August? We will be in Utah then...I hope.

I agree with you on UP. Haven't used any summer plans yet either, but I'm enjoying the slower pace.

Marissa said...

So much fun!! Love that you can be with your sisters. Tara & Caskie just left from visiting here for a week and it was heaven.

I hope to be a visitor of yours someday soon - I love all your pictures of your beautiful UT. I don't know if it is becuase my parents grew up there and always spoke so fondly of UT or what - but it is definately one of my FAVORITE places in all the world!

And happy anniversary!

turning about said...

Sounds like you have done a lot so far this summer. We haven't done too much yet but swim and play with friends.