So I wanted to write a big long exciting blog post about the last few days of our summer vacation, but this will have to do. Above you can see us at the "Bummer of the Summer" when ATK announced they were going to test the motor to Ares 1 and at T minus 20 seconds the test was scrapped. Just another day at the office for the engineers, just another day in the dirt with our whole family. Actually, we had a great time eating and playing games and catching bugs!
So, we went to This is the Place Heritage Park, Hogle Zoo, Clark Planetarium (watch for us in our 3D glasses. It was a hoot to watch the kids try and grab the stuff out of the air!), Discovery Gateway (a children's museum), had our free lunch, walked around the Salt Lake Temple, rode the trolley (for 2 whole blocks), ran into a gal from Ridgecrest, and used our 4 coupons for free dinners at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Yup, I'll staycation any day!




3 comments:
Sounds like a blast! I don't think a "stay-cation" would have the same fun factor in Ridgecrest!
We got the passes for our upcoming trip to Utah! Did you eat at Lion House both days?
"Stay-cation!" I like that. I think we'll do one. Yours looks very fun.
Post a Comment