Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Who Am I? Wordful Wednesday

Well, she said, tell me about yourself.
I don't really want to.
But you must know who you are! Just say a couple of things.
Well, my view of myself changes. How am I supposed to describe it all?
Just give it a shot.
Well... {long pause here}. I guess I'm pretty nice. Just last night I found a little envelope with 4 pennies in it and a 'You are nice' written on it. From my son, of course.
Good, good...keep going.
O.k. I work hard. I try hard. I want to be perfect at everything, but I'm not, but I do try hard.
Yes, you do, she said. Keep trying now.
Do you know how hard it is to do this?
Fine. I like to be creative. It's frustrating, though, to not get everything out the way I see it in my head, but I like to do fun, creative things. I'm looking forward to the day I can try my hand at the piano again.
Oh, I've heard you play. You do just fine at the piano.
I know, but I can do better, and that's what I'm looking forward to. Oh, and you know what? I'm a loyal friend. And I like being a mom, and I think I'm doing o.k. at keeping a clean and orderly house. And I'm good at reading! I'm too good at it, actually, I just hardly ever remember what I've read (I have a terrible memory) but I do like to read.
You're getting the hang of it...
Well...there are plenty of things I worry about and things I wish I could change. I wish I dressed better, and I wish I didn't put off doing the dishes. I wish I felt as confident as I sometimes act, and I wish I had the right words to say at all the right times. I also wish I had quiet dignity and didn't say 'crap' so much.
You're getting off track.
You're right, well, I'll have to think about this some more. I love the gospel. I don't know what I would do without my knowledge of the Savior, and the gospel, and the church. I love the scriptures. I think that's enough for now.
Do you have a picture to share?
Yes, it's one Jane took it of me.
I like it.
I do to.


Assignment for Wordful Wednesday. Check out other people's responses here.

15 comments:

Montserrat said...

I was going to do a conversation too. =) But then it was a very hectic day so settled for the word cloud instead. I see so much Crook in that picture. And that's a good thing! ;)

Amy said...

Cute, cute, cute! You are all those things and more. I'm glad we are friends!

Aimee said...

What a creative way to do this! So smart. I feel the same way about playing the piano. I like playing but I really look forward to playing better. I'm just not sure when that will happen.

It's so fun getting to know everyone today!

Anonymous said...

I liked learning about you today.

Shelby said...

I love reading your Wordful Wednesdays! You always have great things to share! And that's a really good picture of you!

Julie Lybbert said...

Sweet! I love the conversation! :)

JRoberts said...

Love the way you did this! Great post!

loricjensen said...

I could just picture you talking with a good friend and that picture is YOU. It captures just how you look when you're listening. I'm glad we're friends, too!

whitesilkpurse said...

Completely delightful. Thanks for sharing YOU! You are truly a lovely lady.

Marissa said...

Some see Crook - some see Hicken! :) You have always been a fun person to be around, happy and wonderful!

theloulie said...

I like it! I've been lucky to have a loyal friend in you!

Vicki said...

What a great way to capture your hopes and dreams at this point in your life.

Verity said...

Oh, I loved this! Thanks for sharing! (Oh, I changed my blog address...it's cacushing.blogspot.com)

mom said...

What a great picture of you! You are a great mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend....you described yourself quite well. Did Jane really take that picture?

Shannon said...

Great post. If you described yourself accurately you seem like a very balanced and happy person. Thanks for the fun read! I too have a bad memory when it comes to books, movies, etc. I can remember random info, but not the endings or punchlines! Oh well!