The Turkey!
I love the food at Thanksgiving, but setting the table is probably my favorite part. So, here are the place cards for this year. Because we are having lots of kids this year and John's side isn't too used to going around and saying 3 things they are thankful for (insert huge paranthetical thought here: we always had kernals of corn on our plate when I was growing up, usually 7 kernals, and we had to say something for each kernal. It's sort of been pared down to 3, but wouldn't it be cute to glue 3 little kernals of corn on the little colored strip of these place cards? But I won't because with all the kids I think they'd try to eat it! O.k. I'm done, remember where you were before these paranthesis started???) each place card has a letter of the alphabet inside and before dinner each person will say something they are thankful for, starting with that letter. I didn't peek at the letters when I made them, but I looked after. I got the letter "V". I already know what I'm going to say, but what are you thankful for that starts with V?
P.S. Carla...you could have your kids make these!
I just used scrapbook paper which I KNOW you have a ton of :)





11 comments:
Those are so cute Kathryn! You are so creative and I love reading your posts. They are always so positive and reflect your joyful attitude toward life and faith in God. By the way, I would love to know what you found that you are grateful for that starts with "V" The only thing I can think of are things like "vulture, vapor, viscuous, valentines day" They are all,no doubt, important in the great circle of life. I guess I would say that out of those, I'm the most grateful for vapor. It helps us to have clouds, rain, and snow in the winter! Where would we be without Vapor!!!!?
Those are so cute, I might make those for my moms house. We need to get together and do something crafty. Any ideas?
Those are adorable! I love Thanksgiving! But, I have no idea what I'm thankful for that starts with V, I can't wait to hear what your is! :)
Well, it's not voluptuousness. I don't have that. It's not vampires, because I'm not into those. I would have to say vacuum cleaners (especially my iRobot vacuum cleaner that can clean my floors while I comment on blog posts!)
VITAMINS
Wow that's a lot of namecards!! They are super cute. I am thanks for VALIANT missionaries that are serving throughout the world!
SO cute
You are so creative!! I'm going to steal that idea...
I am thankful for VACUUMS!!
Way cute! My family did the kernels of corn too! I'm thankful for my Valentine.
Wow, those are super cute!!! I may have to steal that idea or something like it this week. Hmmm, a V word. Definitely vacuums, and the color violet? I'm reaching. :)
Gee,those are SOOooo cute. Too bad I didn't have time to blog BEFORE Thanksgiving! They would have gone great with our paper plates. :) I guess we didn't get the same "I love to set the table genes" because I'm totally about food and forget about setting the table - Totally forget about it until it's time to eat. NEXT year I resolve to set a pretty table and make place cards that are cute (could you recycle yours for me?) Something I am thankful for: Vacations; at least I would be if I could go on one.
Post a Comment