It's a Halloween post! How could I not...
We had a fun few days. I was in charge of Jeffrey's class party and therefore didn't take one picture. Hopefully his teacher will make good on her promise and send me a couple. We had m&m races, made mummy cups, played with balloons, played pass the pumpkin, and ended with bingo. That night we went to the ward trunk-or-treat and cookoff. I entered chili and cookies. I won the "Most Gas-tastic" for my chili, and I won "Weight Watcher's Nightmare" for my cookies. (I used Rachel's chocolate chip recipe but used m&m's instead). They were good!
Yesterday I took the boys to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". They liked it but I say don't bother. By the time I got home I had the chills and aches and pains. I haven't felt good for a couple of weeks but thought I was on the mend so I was very discouraged. I missed going trick-or-treating and spent the night feeling sorry for myself. I'm feeling a little better today and can only hope for the best.
Last weekend my brother and his family came up and he got the rest of our house put together. He did the wiring for our computers and t.v. and stuff. It was a lot bigger job than I knew and we can't thank them enough for coming. While he was working I put Elaine to work redecorating the house. I wish I felt better to finish the job! (I know, wah, wah.)
Jane spent most of this week on the couch. I knew she felt better on Friday when she couldn't stop talking or moving. Even she noticed it...when I was getting her dressed she was doing a little dance and said, "I just can't stop wiggling!" I had taken her to my sister's to lay on her couch while I went to the store to get stuff for Jeffrey's party. My niece was home sick with what they thought was a tummy bug. It turned out to be her appendix which had burst and she had emergency surgery. She's still in the hospital and will hopefully get well soon. So, that's life around here! What's going on in your neck of the woods?
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Surprise, Surprise!
Labels
slideshow,
weekly review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I am so sorry you were sick for Halloween. That is the worst thing ever! I hope you're feeling better soon. I love all your pics!
Thank goodness I can't catch what you have from reading your blog. I'm crossing my fingers for a healthy winter (roll your eyes all you want, you swine flu folks). I hope you're on the mend from the last few weeks! As for us, Halloween came ALIVE since our oldest is 3 1/2 and is just "getting" the thrills of holiday. I've decided I could learn to really enjoy this.
Glad you guys had a fun Halloween. Next time I'm in charge of a classroom party, I'm calling you!
Wow! I wish you ran my parties! Super sad you were not feeling well this year; glad that Mark and Elaine came to visit. Love your pictures... of course
You guys are busy as ever, now you just need to get well!! Your kids look great!!
I was going to say, "What a smart teacher for putting YOU in charge of the class party!!" :) Follow up for sure on the photos. I also wanted to hit you up for some ideas for any FHE Thanksgiving games you do? I'm having some people over that aren't familiar with our church...Have you been to the doctor, dear? I'm tellin, ya! Get'er done!! Whitney came home today with a temp and a sick stomach. Flu, flu, go away!!!
Post a Comment